Biologique-Recherche

Hi Shalu ... another Aida/BR lover - fantastic! She is great at what she does and is such a sweetheart (as is the entire staff).

I agree with you. I don't know what got into me to try an oil cleanser the other day for makeup removal and my skin was rebelling. It seems that my skin has decided it cannot deal with fragrances and other additives. I dare not tell Aida but she can tell as soon as she looks at my skin.

Yes, Aida's staff is great as well. And you are right, Aida can spot right away when I'm lax on my skincare regimen. :innocent: I'm going to see her next week and I've been away on vacation and gotten a bit lazy so I'm sure she'll reprimand me. :lol:

LetThemEatCake, let me know when you are in NY, would love to meet another BR fan!

Yes, in reference to the cleansing oil method, I love doing it, but am now low on Dermalogica cleansing oil myself so I instead was thinking of getting the Avene Micellar Lotion no-rinse Cleanser before using another regular cleanser. Then I was looking at their Intolerable line, the cream and cleanser, but I read in the ingredients MINERAL OIL as the second ingredient for cream! :blink: So I hope this Micellar Lotion doesnt have that, I will check the ingredients before purchase.
ae007micellarlotion.jpg

photo:skinstore.com

Onto Biologique-Recherche
They were really/low out of stock at the BR boutique I was at last week, going in again next week and really want a rich hydrating serum and cream for winter, what are your suggestions, Shalu? I want to minimize my routine, I use now the Lait VIP02 Oxygenating Cleansing Milk and for before shaving, a Shiseido foam cleanser, my toners are the P50W and the L'Eauxygenante. Got the Silk Plus, and the two overnight back-to-back Renovateur 14 and Complexe Royal, so I am covered for night. Just now need a daytime serum suggestion. Unfortunately I dont have $600 to spend on two products though, so I was going to get my Creme Verte Espoir for day/night (only $70, maybe I'll stock up and get two) and then maybe the Serum Millesime. It comes in smaller sizes, but I still want to try the VIP02 Serum. :(

Emulsion Originelle Regenerante is hands down THE best cream for winter.... it's very hydrating and protective against the elements. Aida recommended it for me and said it was one of her favorites from the entire line.

As for a serum, I love Yall-02 and Grand millesime (which is hydrating as well, I used to use this before they came out with Yall-02)... hope this helps!

Thank you Shalu. I am planning on restocking next week, and I'll purchase that Emulsion Originelle Regenerante, also getting low on Lait VIP02 Oxygenating Cleansing Milk, a larger size of the L'Eauxygenante Multifunction Facial Fluid, Creme Verte Espoir, Yall-02 serum, Grand Millesime serum, Masque VIP02, Emulsion Gel Biosensible, Masque Biosensible, and hopefully the VIP02 Facial Cream. Will let everyone know once I have these in my possession!! :D:heart:

^ Wow, that's quite a list! Let me know which ones end up being your favorite.

I forgot to mention, EOR is only for winter use... it's much too heavy for any other time. I even use it while skiing and my skin stays well hydrated. Also, if you go with Yall-02, you may not need Grand Millesime as I used to use GM before they introduced Yall-O2 but I guess you can always try both and see which one you like better. I myself prefer Yall-O2 but GM is less expensive than Yall-O2 so alternating the serums might help in keeping the cost down a little if you use it everyday.

I have tried and love the Serum Yall-O2, Fluide VIP O2 and the Serum Grand Millesime .... and rotate between them. I am a BR addict - can you tell?

What products/regime would you BR experts recommend for acne prone skin? Anything you've used that really made a difference? Creme Dermopurifante has excellent reviews :ermm: I want to get my cleansing, toning, moisturising sorted so my skin is balanced and happy. I'm seriously fed up of my skin :(-_-

Masque Vivant for large pores, if you deal with those, is a fabulous mask. I have heard a ton of great reviews about the Dermopurifiante Cream as well...but do check the ingredients before you purchase.
Your P50 (I think we use the same one-W?) will dissolve that build-up of dead skin cells so use that before the mask.

I am a bit perturbed with Biologique-Recherche, not enough to quit using their products but last night I looked at the ingredients of their Creme Verte Espoir which I use most days as my moisturizer after I shave, and the fourth ingredient is mineral oil! :shock: I was literally like W-T-F!
I cant believe they've added that to their ingredients. So far no breakouts but over time I think it can progressively begin the thin clear filmy build-up that I've noticed on my cheeks (yesterday did a glycolic peel and these disappeared) and that is worrisome. It's a really soothing comfortable cream, I will just use less when I use it I suppose.

OH! A serum you might like, that yesterday I applied OVER the BR Emulsion Gel Biosensible is the Silk Plus Regenerating Facial Fluid. I used to use it underneath a cream and now I apply on top because it leaves a nice 'glow' all day to my skin.

Have you ever contacted BR through email, miu_miu? I bet they'd be the best to help you with suggestions...I have the full list of products but that can be found on their site, of course. I'm sorry you're having issues with your skin...maybe with winter coming it will calm down.

Are you no longer satisfied with natura bisse?

miumiu: like LetThemEatCake said, you should email them. you can even call and tell them about your skin's needs etc and they will be very nice and helpful. i was very pleased with their service

I have contacted them and got some great advice (I posted much earlier in the thread) but I'm always interested to hear more from people who use it, especially because it's such a little-known brand ^_^

Kind of disturbing about the mineral oil - though I don't seem to have a problem with it included in products, I hate the film it leaves on the skin :doh:

There are many products from Natura Bisse that I love and have worked well for me, but firstly I'm always interested in trying new products, and secondly, the NB hasn't controlled breakouts as much as I'd like. In other ways it's been great for my skin - but I'm all over the place at the moment, don't really know what to do with my skin or what to use so here I am! ^_^

Ah yes I remember you DID contact them now...well I'm in the same boat, I always am curious to try new lines and new products and such, so that's quite understandable.

I am not glad to hear you also suffer from the 'film' mineral oil leaves, but I'm happy that someone else knows what I mean.

Do you have any glycolic products? Something with glycolic acid in it could really penetrate deep and open up the impact of the acne quicker than I'd say anything.

I still want to try and be trained in New York by Biologique-Recherche, but I'm afraid since I have normal to very dry skin I dont know their best products for acne-prone skin, however, like I said, that Masque Vivant is great. I've also used their Lait U Vegetal Cleansing Milk which is for more oily skin, this you might like...I'm sorry I'm not being of much help here, dear. :(

I hope shalu or someone else enters this thread with some better suggestions/advice. In the meantime I'll see about what Info. I can come across. :flower:

My P50 came in the mail today! :woot:

Now, the dilemma - do I try it out now, or be smart and wait until after the wedding I'm in this weekend? It's so hard to be patient when you have new, fun presents you want to try out!

Is it safe to use the P50V everyday and then also exfoliating 1-2 times per week or should I not use the P50V during those days?

Anyone knows where I can find BR products in Germany? (stuttgart or berlin)
Their site isn't much of a help :/

sill, i would not use the P50 on the same day as a scrub - i think it would be too much...

Is it safe to use the P50V everyday and then also exfoliating 1-2 times per week or should I not use the P50V during those days?

i thought the P50 was exfoliating enough. so i have to exfoliate additionally?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Denisa Imeraj
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->