Blackheads

Discussion in 'The Beauty Cupboard' started by PrinceOfCats, Dec 1, 2003.

1. Alejandro

Alejandro & R.V

I once tried the pore strips and I also ended up with a red nose for a week.. :lol:

2. PrinceOfCats

PrinceOfCats Naturellement pulpeuse

So it's not just me...

3. banana

banana New Member

Are all St-Ives products bad or just the apricot scrub? I found that the apricot scrub was a bit too rough for every day use but I'm a really big fan of the collegen elastin facial cream.

4. PrinceOfCats

"Collagen elastin facial cream"

:shock: too....many....faux....scientific....words....must....lie....down....

Oh wait:

[​IMG]

It exists! I thought you were pulling my leg...

5. Alejandro

Alejandro & R.V

Hmm...I wouldn't trust those products. I have had soo many disasters with St.ives that I cant count them with my fingers :wacko:

6. PrinceOfCats

Never trust any product that lists one of its ingredients as 'aqua'.

7. Sugo

Sugo New Member

PinkCouture....what was the name of the cream prescribed?

And I have tried St.Ives...Shampoos, Conditioners and some face wash....didn't like any of it so I just gave up on their products.

8. Fathom

Fathom New Member

My esthetician told me to never steam your face longer than five minutes, as more exposure can cause broken capillaries. She also said the Biore strips are terrible for you skin, in that they remove layers and layers of skin as well, which can cause potential scarring. Exfoliation IS key, it's what loosens dead skin cells and the trapped/dried sebum that cause blackheads in the first place. I'd try Aveda's Exfoliant, it's not too expensive and it'll get the job done, slowly but surely. My boyfriend used to get really bad blackheads on his back until I started swabbing him nightly with this before our trip to Hawaii. I use it once or twice a week and nowadays, it's a rare thing to see a blackhead! I'd also suggest maybe getting a low-percentage glycolic peel. Nothing gets that stuff out quicker! St. Ives is supposedly too rough for sensitive facial skin, in that I think they use shards of walnut shell as their "beads". Better to use a chemical exfoliant, if possible. Good luck!

9. banana

banana New Member

It's weird how some products work for some people and not for others. I've been using that st-ives cream for about two weeks now and it hasn't made my face oily or break out, it even lasted through my PMSing :blush: I think I will keep using it until I notice some sort of adverse reaction because it's saving my sooooo much money.

10. Alejandro

Alejandro & R.V

That is good Shahna, I personally worry a lot about going to a drug store and buy any product just to save money. Adverse reactions might make you spend more money than you expected, even though some of the most expensive products are also harsh or causes bad reactions on skin. It's all about skin reactions I guess :unsure:

11. cat

cat New Member

agree with pradap. chanel is fabulous!

12. meowmix

meowmix New Member

Hm.. I use Remede Sweep.. it's rather gentle, but does the trick (for me)

13. PrinceOfCats

That's good - I need something gentle because my skin's just re-grown from acid burns...

14. meowmix

meowmix New Member

Yeah, the little exfoliating thingies are very very fine so it won't feel like your sanding ur face ...makes my skin feel really nice afterwards :smile:

15. sbbbjm

sbbbjm New Member

ok you may have seen this on Queer Eye but thats cuz it really works if your trying to remove blackheads -- plastic wrap!

when i get my facial they place small sheets of plastic wrap on my face cuz it causes moist heat and opens the poors -- then they, as kyan said, proceed to "squeeze all the sh*t out"

16. twilight fairy

twilight fairy New Member

my skin is gettin a bit better now but i still have a whole bunch of small bumps in my face. although they aren't visible, you can still see them from different points of light as it makes me complexion look bumpy :angry:

does anyone know how to eliminate this? all the acne treatment creams only work on open zits, like whiteheads and stuff.. :yuk:

17. LilyBird

LilyBird New Member

I used to have those too, I went to the derm and she extracted them (in essence she pokes them with a needle and then this little white thing comes out---eww, I know) Now I use a very light moisterizer and a retinol cream that makes sure my skin exfoliates enough because the milia (that is what they are called) aer a product of too much build up on your skin.

I'd do a internet search on them and then get them removed at the derm and use a cream to prevent them coming back (they will if you don't exfoliate or use a cream of some kind to do this).

Hope that helped! :flower:

18. Gboy

Gboy New Member

I used to have those too, I went to the derm and she extracted them (in essence she pokes them with a needle and then this little white thing comes out---eww, I know) Now I use a very light moisterizer and a retinol cream that makes sure my skin exfoliates enough because the milia (that is what they are called) aer a product of too much build up on your skin.

I'd do a internet search on them and then get them removed at the derm and use a cream to prevent them coming back (they will if you don't exfoliate or use a cream of some kind to do this).

Hope that helped! :flower: [/b][/quote]
    even if you exfoliate and use all that stuff you cant stop it from cooming out on youre skin surface. :blush:(I think)Tis usually happen in poberty, hormonal changes ,stress and from Air pollution....so its from inside of you.its natural process.Drinking a lots of water and living a perfect life with the regullar eating of fresh and healthy food its one of the basics for great skin which i think everyone from us already knows. :wink:
    sorry for my bad english :sick:

19. Missy44x

Missy44x New Member

Effective methods for removing blackheads:

--Use an oatmeal or almond mask thoroughly to cleanse your face. Mix either oatmeal or almond powder with enough rose water to make a soft paste that spreads easily on the skin. Rub it on your skin with your fingertips, paying special attention to the problem areas. Leave to dry for about 15 minutes and then rinse off with cold water.

--Apply undiluted lemon juice, twice or thrice a day, on the affected areas.

--A solution made out of one and a half cups of hot water and half a tablespoon of boric powder is an ideal concoction for blackheads. Saturate a face napkin in this hot solution and press on to the skin, repeat twice. Extract blackheads carefully with a blackhead remover and sterilized cotton-wool.

--Warm a little honey and apply on the trouble spots. Wash off after 10-15 minutes.

I myself had blackheads on my nose...pore strips didnt work that well...but I got this lil clay like rock from this Indian lady and it works wonders...Ill try to find the name and let you know.

20. hollyslookingdry

hollyslookingdry New Member

Eeep never use honey on your face. I remember reading this once. Also never use sugar. I believe it was because honey is too sticky and just ends up clogging your pores. And sugar is much too rough. If you're using oatmeal, put it through a food processor. If its too coarse it can just irritate your skin.