Blue Lipstick

I think it could look good on some people if it was a very dark matte blue. Not light because then it could look frosty and just generally not nice and not glossy because then it might cheapen it a little :lol:
Barry M do a shade called Robot Blue (which I think was in collaboration with the band Robots In Disguise) and that is the perfect colour for what I'm talking about.
However I just don't have the confidence or right style to pull it off, but it'd be fun to try!

illamasqua_gender001.jpg

Illamasqua Gender Intense Lipgloss
illamasqua_gender002.jpg

illamasqua_gender003.jpg

illamasqua_gender004.jpg

Temptalia.com

Wow she doesn't look to happy to be wearing that lipgloss!
I think that's a shade that will only suit the palest of people and even then it might not look good.

personally I LOVE blue lipstick, but I am a bit strange. (I'm also a fan of black). For a blue with a great payoff I would recommend http://morganaminerals.com/shop/ I know her website really looks awful. But her products are great. I wear her lipsticks all the time. Its a great place for unusual lip colors.

I just realise that in my identity paper photo i have blue lips, and that was 11 years ago!!!!!!

I think it could look good on some people if it was a very dark matte blue. Not light because then it could look frosty and just generally not nice and not glossy because then it might cheapen it a little :lol:
Barry M do a shade called Robot Blue (which I think was in collaboration with the band Robots In Disguise) and that is the perfect colour for what I'm talking about.
However I just don't have the confidence or right style to pull it off, but it'd be fun to try!

I bought that a few months back and it's a bit rubbish. No colour payoff, no staying power and it's not matte enough. I can't find a good shade, it's so annoying.

I forget the RID are still going, I assume their label dropped them...

I bought that a few months back and it's a bit rubbish. No colour payoff, no staying power and it's not matte enough. I can't find a good shade, it's so annoying.

I forget the RID are still going, I assume their label dropped them...

Yeah I had a Barry M lipstick (not in that colour) and it was so unbelievably dry! I couldn't even rub my lips together!

Me and my friend used to be obsessed with RID around 2006/7. I still listen to them occasionally but I've gotten pretty lazy with music lately :lol:

I like blue lipstick, but it's definitely not an everyday look. It works with that gothic / cyber punk kind of look, but it looks disasterous on Ke$ha (but she's nasty anyway).

I think dark blue lips look great with very pale skin and dark hair. Turquoise lipstick can look really nice with blue eyes. And also, I think you have to have realllllly white and perfect teeth to pull this off.

cover+issue8+.jpeg

blue-lipstick.jpg

Doo.Ri_Gray_Lipstick.jpg

Chanel's lips are sort of grey and blue but she looks like she has a pneumonia or something!

via - lipstick-pictures.blogspot.com, nodiscount.com.au & makeup101.freehostia.com

I think it looks great in the editorials.But I'm not so sure about it as an everyday look.

Bumping this up... Where can I get a blue lipstick similar to the second picture in post #28?

^ The blue from lime crime looks almost identical, but maybe a tiny bit darker.

I've got this one from lime-crime makeup, they had some kind of "10 listicks for less" offer, so i just got them all.. They've got so many delicious colours!! ^_^

http://www.limecrimemakeup.com/products/NO-SHE-DIDN%27T-opaque-blue-lipstick.html

Love the blue colour (it's not all that bright in real), and i'm really happy with all my other lipsticks, but the blue one i have only worn at home - yet!

Any ideas on what would look good with this look? Clothing, colours, eye-makeup?

Last edited by a moderator:
A blue review - apparently this shade is only available in Europe (temptalia.com:(

Illamasqua Disciple Lipstick ($22.00 for 0.14 oz.) is a deep navy blue with a near matte finish. It’s pretty opaque, but it is a little dry, so it’s best applied with a lip brush. Between the opacity and the more clinging nature of the formula, though, it’s incredibly long-wearing–yielding about six hours of wear for me. Illamasqua’s lipsticks are also scent- and taste-free.

Most of us probably wouldn’t wear this shade on the regular, but it’s always nice to have options, which is one of the fun parts about the Illamasqua brand. Disciple is surprisingly flattering even when worn on its own. Normally, I’m not a huge fan of really dark lip colors on myself, but I kind of dug the way the blue worked with my skin tone here. I also appreciate that it’s not a black-blue but a true navy blue on lips.

Attachments

• Blue 1.jpg
    Blue 1.jpg
    200.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Blue 2.jpg
    Blue 2.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 2
oh man, i tried blue lipstick about 6 years ago, it's not a good look. somehow it turn my healthy peachy skin tone into dead looking pasty pale with a greenish tone @_@ horrible.

i think i'll only look good if you're either tanned enough to not look dead, or pale enough to not look alive anyway =/

I had a very similar one to the Illamasqua Disciple when I was 13. I even wore it once or twice in public and I was actually very surprised to see everybody was staring at me, I thought it was just another lipstick :lol:

When I clicked on the review, I don't know what colour I was expecting the product to be... (temptalia.com:(

OCC Butch Lip Tar ($13.00 for 0.27 fl. oz.) is described as a “pastel periwinkle,” and it will launch with the Pretty Boy Collection on September 6th. Lip Tars were born to be mixed, but over time, OCC has released shades that can just as easily be worn alone as they can be used to mix with others. The formula is meant to give the longer wear of a lipstick with the application of a gloss, while the ultimate dry down reveals a satin finish. Lip Tars are also richly pigmented and mint-scented (it includes peppermint oil).

If you have any experience with Lip Tars, the best advice anyone can give is: a little goes a very, very long way. Butch is no exception–you really need much less than you’d think. It’s also much easier to use a lighter hand and add more as needed. You can apply straight from the tube (and the angled applicator works well to maneuver around the natural curves of the lips) or with a lip brush (OCC recommends their #009 brush).

Butch is a beautiful periwinkle–it’s a perfect mix of cornflower blue and dusty purple that combines for this lighter, softened blue that’s tinted with purple. It has opaque color coverage, and obviously, it’s not a shade that you’ll see most brands come out with. If you have to ask why blue lips, then this product is likely not for you. Makeup has its roots in artistry, and for some, it is exactly that. Surely, it’s not an everyday color for most of us, but for artists and those who like to mix and layer their products, it’s a shade welcomed with open arms.

It wears like a champ, as Lip Tars tend to do, and even the lightness in color doesn’t limit the wear. I wore this shade for six hours with minimal fading. It’s lightweight and comfortable to wear with a soft shine.

Attachments

• Butch 1.jpg
    Butch 1.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Butch 2.jpg
    Butch 2.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 0
  • Butch 3.jpg
    Butch 3.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 0
Holy... Um... I guess you can add this to the rather long list of unusual makeup things that I don't understand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->