Blumarine F/W 10.11 : Maryna Linchuk by Patrick Demarchelier

a huge ugh to this.
blumarine used to have the best campaigns with newton and tim walker... even the clothes looked better :innocent:
all can say is terrible and tacky.

Her face looks very manly in this and the ad itself reminds me of a boring Vogue editorial. Bring back the interesting Blumarine campaigns!

To be frank I'm under the impression I haven't seen an interesting Blumarine campaign in ages :ermm: As much as I like Maryna, she hasn't managed to save that campaign from falling into the not-worthy-of-attention-campaigns category. And I wish she looked straight into the camera, her gazes are a tad perturbing there.

This is so dull. Even though Maryna is moving in every shot it still looks so flat!

when i see the shots all together it looks quite good but i just feel like the collection's colours were so dull that they need a different backdrop!

how classy !!!!!!!!! mayve a bit too cheap for and add, but i like what i see !!!

Demarchelier in his boring mode. Great for Maryna though that she scored this campaign.

Maryna needs to insure her legs for a million dollars because they are the best thing about this campaign! The clothes are pretty good too if you like the glam - Eurotrash aesthetic and many do, myself included - although I loathe those boots with the big rhinestones.

To be frank I'm under the impression I haven't seen an interesting Blumarine campaign in ages :ermm:

Perhaps I am over-analyzing this, but I wonder what the thought process is behind the recent Blumarine campaigns. Assuming that Demarchelier shot this one, the approach under him has been pretty model (Edita, Doutzen and Maryna) jumping in front of a gray screen. McDean had edgier models - Natasha, Iselin, et. al. and some of his sets I liked - I think he did a carousel and one was a sort of romantic (Queen Anne-ish?) boudoir / sitting room set up; however, I didn't like that box thing he did with Natasha. The overall effect, especially the casting and the models' expressions were edgy overload. Tim Walker's ads were visual feasts, really S.T.U.N.N.I.N.G., although I wonder if at times it was too much for an ad campaign.

If I had my druthers I would blend the McDean era settings* with the Demarchelier era casts - I think that Edita and Maryna are up to the challenge, I am not sure about Doutzen but she's so friggin' pretty it may not matter.

* Heck, the Walker era sets would be amazing, but I don't know of too many fashion houses who are still spending that kind of money on their campaigns.

Last edited by a moderator:
^yes because McDean has shot Maryna in Vogue
and Tim Walker did Miss Dior Cherie ads with her so im sure
she can produce magic...but im sure its not a money thing, though it did come up in my head as to the reason why the background and setting looks so cheap because
Patrick is a huge photographer and Maryna is probably a model that isnt cheap to use

this doesn't look like an ads for a luxury brand like Blumarine. It feels so cheap and uninspiring. though I love Maryna but there's something off this set. I'd not like to blame on anyone here. Just try harder next time, the brand!

but im sure its not a money thing, though it did come up in my head as to the reason why the background and setting looks so cheap because
Patrick is a huge photographer and Maryna is probably a model that isnt cheap to use
It's one thing to pay a NY based model and photographer to go shoot in a studio down the street and it is another thing to pay the photographer, model and crew their normal fees and on top of that fly them all to Italy which is where it looks like some of the Walker ads may have been shot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Blumarine's campaign has been boring lately. But happy for Maryna!

Considering how fun and sexy their shows are, the campaign is a real disappointment. It's so limp, lifeless and stale. Good for Maryna though. So happy for her.

The whole concept seems so tiring after doing it for 3 seasons in a row but Maryna adds a breath of fresh air to it. Plus, a million times better than Doutzen's from last season.

Are we sure this is actually a campaign picture?Looks like catalogue/lookbook shot if you ask me
Anyway Maryna looks hot as usual,I think she's perfect for Blumarine

Blumarine has done so many fun, interesting campaigns over the years that this is just embarrassing and a bit sad to see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellbell
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"