Bottega Veneta Pre-Fall 2024 Milan

Can he finally f*cking design any other silhouette for men than trousers (trompe d'oleil leather), shirt (trompe d'oleil leather, yes we know), leather tie and long or short jacket ? It's really getting on my nerves. Look 7: I'm almost scared how this pastel gray / green tank top and worned out, stretched briefs will cost (probably more expensive than sl*tty Thom Browne tweed jockstraps). Look 26: so happy Jesus' facial peel went well. Didn't like the birkin knock off (look 16) and look 52 (pink, leather ensemble) is just copy paste from previous season, lazy af.

Overall: many many delicious pieces for women, more and more repetitive and boring offering for men.

Can he finally f*cking design any other silhouette for men than trousers (trompe d'oleil leather), shirt (trompe d'oleil leather, yes we know), leather tie and long or short jacket ? It's really getting on my nerves. Look 7: I'm almost scared how this pastel gray / green tank top and worned out, stretched briefs will cost (probably more expensive than sl*tty Thom Browne tweed jockstraps). Look 26: so happy Jesus' facial peel went well. Didn't like the birkin knock off (look 16) and look 52 (pink, leather ensemble) is just copy paste from previous season, lazy af.

Overall: many many delicious pieces for women, more and more repetitive and boring offering for men.
The funny thing is that, most of the womenswear looks are so androgynous enough to work as menswear with minimal alterations. All he really needs is a drop of imagination.

Very good, very solid and very consistent.
For me, Bottega Veneta is the most interesting brand products-wise at Kering. There’s something fun and grown about the offering and it’s not stuff you can find everywhere for the most part.
Even their shoes have improved under Blazy.

I think he needs to get rid of the gimmicks and really, the styling is really an issue for me. Camilla Nickerson? Joe McKenna? Olivier Rizzo?
One of them is needed.
Everything needs to be elevated. Good design is not enough!

Agree styling made it weak and made me wanna ask for the looks to stop ...Belgium design flea market & colors included lost of potential but it's making me work to find the key pieces i give up lol

I feel it's wasteful of resources and its not luxury if you over produce so much and most items will be outlet lets be honest.

The women’s is always solid once the separates are broken down from the silly try-hard styling and the desperately Harper's Bazaar cover-baiting showpieces. HIs menswear however… The male customer must be only either superrich twinks or Truman Capote wannabes with a toddler fetish. That’s the only reason for the pubescent offering for the menswear. Unfortunate, since his men's debut was decently masculine. Now it's just desperately atrocious— and not in Virginie’s unintentional Homer Simpson-as-a-fashion-designerr heavy-handed kind of way: He seems forcefully self-aware in his heavy-handedness for the men's. Just juvenile clownwear with the worst cuts straight from any nondescript mall outlet circa1989. It’s all giving asexual beta eunuch little-brother-tagging-along-to-older-sister vibe. It must be a dare/challenge to produce the most unflattering, gender-fluid and homely leather pant when it comes to his boyswear: Highwaisted, grandpa-frumpy, shapeless and the equivalent of one-size-fits-all lingerie. The only separates from the men’s that standout in a "nice" way are the ribbed twin-set and the now boring Intreccio-denim pant, which at least has a flattering cut.

No thanks, i'm not convinced. It makes me want to revisit Maier's pre fall collections now LOL. They need a Lucas Ossendrijver for Bottega Veneta !!!
Yeah they really do need to quite co-ed and hire someone for menswear; Lucas would be perfect, because poncho jesus and bored twinks in boxers won't do it for me... But the womenswear is very nice, solid and attractive...

I like it when Mathieu Blazy does "quiet" looks - monotone, subdued, focusing on the cut, the silhouette. I think that's when his sensibility and taste are the clearest. There's usually a good balance in his shows. Unfortunately there's not enough of that in here. There's a bit too much over-styling, over-thinking, over-designing...

Super bland collection in comparison with last season's. More quiet luxury and I yawn.

i would love to see him try his hand at Margiela. I think he will be able to modernize the codes without making it clownwear. also would make it more approachable/wearable.

HIs menswear however… The male customer must be only either superrich twinks or Truman Capote wannabes with a toddler fetish. That’s the only reason for the pubescent offering for the menswear. Unfortunate, since his men's debut was decently masculine. Now it's just desperately atrocious— and not in Virginie’s unintentional Homer Simpson-as-a-fashion-designerr heavy-handed kind of way: He seems forcefully self-aware in his heavy-handedness for the men's. Just juvenile clownwear with the worst cuts straight from any nondescript mall outlet circa1989. It’s all giving asexual beta eunuch little-brother-tagging-along-to-older-sister vibe. It must be a dare/challenge to produce the most unflattering, gender-fluid and homely leather pant when it comes to his boyswear: Highwaisted, grandpa-frumpy, shapeless and the equivalent of one-size-fits-all lingerie. The only separates from the men’s that standout in a "nice" way are the ribbed twin-set and the now boring Intreccio-denim pant, which at least has a flattering cut.

Chief's kiss @Phuel !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->