Bottega Veneta S/S 2025 Milan

I'm not a fan of those headwear but the rest is really good!
especially the tailors and the color schemes.

Some things seem to be cut out of proportion, but there are also some really good pieces.

The proportions are off, everything looks heavy and those zoot suits are absolutely absurd. Thank god I don’t hang around the places where Bottega’s target audience may flaunt any of these looks! It’s an insult to the eye.

It's wild how so many of them are already sold out. I guess $10,000 is nothing if you consider this a piece of "art"
Depending on the amount of guests they had for the show (for a brand like BV, it could easily be 500 to 1'000), that's an easy 5 to 10 million euros made in the space of a couple of days. That must be a wet dream for Pinault.

I think Kering needs to find a backup plan real soon cause why is he already burning out?
Backup plan for BV? It’s literally the only Kering brand that’s not losing money AND gets positive press pretty much all around. If anything they’ll probably hold onto him for dear life until another group steals him.

Yeah but I've been seeing key runway looks, which I thought would have sold out at the stores. Most at 60% off retail.
Again, nothing new there, even Daniel Lee’s famous AW19 collection had whole runway looks in outlets, some available in full sizes. Blazy’s RTW aren’t selling better but they have reduced the production significantly as part of their centralizing strategy, along with pulling out of 20+ wholesalers. I was at the SF outlet earlier this summer and was just at Bicester last month, they def don’t have nearly as much RTW runway pieces as the Lee years. BV will always be a bag & accessory business, it’s just the way it is. If Miu Miu runway pieces can end up in outlets, anything can.

Again, nothing new there, even Daniel Lee’s famous AW19 collection had whole runway looks in outlets, some available in full sizes. Blazy’s RTW aren’t selling better but they have reduced the production significantly as part of their centralizing strategy, along with pulling out of 20+ wholesalers. I was at the SF outlet earlier this summer and was just at Bicester last month, they def don’t have nearly as much RTW runway pieces as the Lee years. BV will always be a bag & accessory business, it’s just the way it is. If Miu Miu runway pieces can end up in outlets, anything can.

There are so many well-informed people on here; I'm curious, where do you get your insider info from?

Only 9% of BV's sales come from RTW

His stuff is almost double the price of Daniel Lee when he was at Bottega and also double as challenging to wear, especially for men. It’s only going to keep decreasing if they continue on this path.

The price point for a pair of trousers or a cotton shirt is ridiculous at Bottega these days. I mean the outfit that Jacob Elordi wore to the show looks like something that Gen Z would absolutely want to imitate and potentially buy, but then you look at what it cost - $30,000 altogether, and you think wow, total missed opportunity.

I mean seriously the strategy is totally confusing. They are appealing to a much older clientele with the price point, but with the actual look, they are trying to appeal to Gen Z? Talk about contradictory.

Anyway back to the show : whilst this is a superb collection in terms of ideas (that matchstick embroidery dress is amazing!), when it comes to wearability, I don’t see anything convincing that people would actually want to wear, outside of the fashion industry.

The problem with his collections is that everything is too conceptual.

The thing that made Daniel’s Bottega such a success was the ease and effortlessness of his pieces. Matthieu's vision is neither of that. Even his Pre Fall and Cruise collections, which are meant to be more effortless and wearable, are becoming increasingly more abstract.

They need someone with a strong commercial eye to come in and give some input into the aesthetic if they want the brand to grow and appeal to more people.

Not my favourite of his but he remains one of my top commercial designers. Obviously, his menswear is much weaker than his womenswear - the oversized shoulders gimmick is pretty tired, and I really struggle to see who/when would wear these Wall Street leather suits or the faux shrunken pieces. That being said, there are some wonderful clothes in the collection. You also see how much care they give to the tailoring, the fabrics, the details. BV prices are ridiculous, but I suppose that if you can afford it you at least get a garment that will last a long time. I'd love to see him do couture. I'm actually pretty surprised that his name doesn't seem to circulate for Chanel. It seems to me that it is exactly what the brand needs: someone who is able to provoke a conversation, to make bold choices, but also to make some very elegant, well-tailored and desirable clothes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sb0rraxt3
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->