Brazilian Blow Dry

This sounds so amazing that there must be a catch! :lol: For those who know more about this treatment and have had it done to their own hair, does it really not do any long-term damage to it, especially if your hair is very long and fine like mine?

I am traveling right now so I cant take pics unfortunately. The whole thing took 2 hours. They wet my hair and semi dried it and then applied the keratin. Then it was flat ironed into my hair. Once you get this done you cannot use a shampoo with sodium chlorate (salt) in it so I got one of the natural shampoos that the salon carries. I cannot wash my hair for a few days b/c the treatment has to stay on and had to flat iron my hair the next day to help seal the it in.

So far I can already see a difference; especially in the shower. My hair is usually frizzy at the root when I get out of the shower. It has not frizzed since. It will really be tested when I get back to my humid Florida weather though!

So far so good, hair looks and feels much healthier.

I am traveling right now so I cant take pics unfortunately. The whole thing took 2 hours. They wet my hair and semi dried it and then applied the keratin. Then it was flat ironed into my hair. Once you get this done you cannot use a shampoo with sodium chlorate (salt) in it so I got one of the natural shampoos that the salon carries. I cannot wash my hair for a few days b/c the treatment has to stay on and had to flat iron my hair the next day to help seal the it in.

So far I can already see a difference; especially in the shower. My hair is usually frizzy at the root when I get out of the shower. It has not frizzed since. It will really be tested when I get back to my humid Florida weather though!

So far so good, hair looks and feels much healthier.

hmm sounds good to me, the steps are the same as i ve read elsewhere
my hairdresser told me u can t wash it for 4 days afterwards.

I m getting it done as I m writting this, I m so excited can t wait to see the end result

Last edited by a moderator:
That is great Fashionlova! I am loving my hair now and will never go back! Why didnt I do this earlier? :smile:

am waiting for the 3 days to end so i can wash it. i hope it works out
good thing, i got it done for free but mostly because i have a small baby and no time to wash and fully blow dry my hair.

i washed my hair yesterday and let it air dry
it came out straight and super soft.
the frizz is gone as well as the waviness of my hair (unfortunatly)
now it s practically pin straight but in much better condition

here s how my hair turned out

i washed it, let it air dry a bit then put it in a tight bun because i wanted waves.

Attachments

• DSC08393.JPG
    DSC08393.JPG
    34 KB · Views: 12
Photo%2022.jpg
I love this procedure. Normally I'm pretty curly and super frizzy, below is my hair about a month and a half after the blowout. Keep the body and wave but gets rid of the frizz.

Photo%2023.jpg
Photo%2024.jpg

lucky u, u still have waves, i guess my hair wasn t wavy enough because now i don t have any waves whatsoever.
it just dries pin straight

It's usually straight for the first couple of washes, but after that the waves kick in.

ya that s what i just noticed
i washed my hair today and the waves are back, thank god cuz i HATE straight hair

Hi everyone! I am a hairstylist and have done a lot of research on the Brazilian Blowout. I have done about 100 treatments and I have to say, every time I am still shocked! It is like magic! It really doesnt damage the hair like all of the other keratin treatments out there. I'm concerned about the salons that tell you not to wash your hair for a few days. The real Brazilian Blowout does not require that. You can wash it straight away. Be very careful what treatment they are using! A lot of salons say Brazilian Blowout and are actually using something different.

actually they told me i can wash it, but it would be better if i didn t. so i didn t
and i went back the next day for a blow out

So, I got the Brazilian and all I can say is this: WOW WOW HOLY SMOKESTACKS WOW.
My hair has been dyed and damaged to the ends of the Earth, and as a girl with naturally ****ed up frizzy weird in-between wavy/straight hair, it has been an absolute miracle. I've never been happier. My bangs dry perfectly, my hair is super shiny and smooth, and it doesn't dry too flat! When I air-dry it, my waves (no longer monstrous opportunities for frizz) perk up and I get that perfect romantic/beachy look without a brush or any product. I cannot gush enough about this process. I plan on doing it again 3 more times when I need it because my stylist told me that if you do it enough, your hair will naturally no longer need it, it will just be like this without the Brazilian. For anyone on the fence about spending the money or skeptical as to whether it's worth it, it IS! Do it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->