Brazilian Blow Dry

I've heard some negative reviews due to formaldehyde...anyone talk to their stylists about this? What did they say?

I just saw Alec at Argyle in LA! My hair is amazing!

uggg I want to get this done so bad, but I've been reading a lot about how it has formaldehyde and is dangerous?? I don't know if it's worth that risk :(

i got mine done around the middle of september and its still holding up pretty well. i cant imagine not having this done to my hair from now on.

Can anyone tell me the difference between the Brazilian Blow Dry and Japanese Hair Straightening? Am trying to figure out which would be best for my hair.

So, I got the Brazilian and all I can say is this: WOW WOW HOLY SMOKESTACKS WOW.
My hair has been dyed and damaged to the ends of the Earth, and as a girl with naturally ****ed up frizzy weird in-between wavy/straight hair, it has been an absolute miracle. I've never been happier. My bangs dry perfectly, my hair is super shiny and smooth, and it doesn't dry too flat! When I air-dry it, my waves (no longer monstrous opportunities for frizz) perk up and I get that perfect romantic/beachy look without a brush or any product. I cannot gush enough about this process. I plan on doing it again 3 more times when I need it because my stylist told me that if you do it enough, your hair will naturally no longer need it, it will just be like this without the Brazilian. For anyone on the fence about spending the money or skeptical as to whether it's worth it, it IS! Do it!

So the blowout changes your DNA so your hair grows in differently? Sounds like your stylist is overpromising in that dept, or maybe there are more chemicals in this than we thought!

This does sound really promising though, I had been intrigued by thermal reconditioning but pinstraight hair wouldn't look good on me, I think I'd keep some wave and volume with this, might be worth a try!

I haven't had the Brazilian Blowout but I've done something similar, the Coppola Keratin Complex Smoothing Therapy. I think it's a little more expensive and has somewhat of a better reputation but they are all more or less the same. The results are unbelievable - my hair has never felt or looked this amazing, but lets face it, this is nothing natural and is in essence a chemical process. There's no formaldehyde in it but there is aldehyde. Anybody who knows chemistry well enough will know that this is because (and i've actually tried it), your hair will not absorb pure keratin, you need something that is capable of bonding it in the follicles and this is it. Nevertheless, I have to admit I do wish there was something a little bit safer - it is an aldehyde at the end of the day.
The best thing about the Keratin Complex is that you can't find any old salon to do it for you. They have to be certified and pass classes. One of the complaints about many of the other keratin treatments both in salons and the DIY versions is that people's hair tends to fall out - but thats simply because they don't know how to apply it. You have to have just the right amount and your hair can't drip in it or else just like a perm, you'll end up with wool not hair. So if you're considering it, pay the extra cost and get it done properly, its worth it.
My hair is silky, shiny and soft. It didn't fall out and my eyes never burned during the process.

i live in istanbul, turkey. the brazilian blowout is getting very popular here. my friend got it done 3 months ago, she works with me so i see her everyday. Her hair was not very curly , but it was wavy curly i can say. now her hair is straight. only the new hair which is growing coming curly from the roots so she should make them blowout now.
my hair structure is basically the same as hers.i want to get this blowout done but my only concern is formaldehyde?does any one has any idea about this) i read some reviews from google that there're some lawsuits against this blowout in USA and Canada?

i've been wanting to get one forever, but just have never really gotten around to actually doing it. i was in the hair section of my drugstore recently and saw this
41ASn1r46rL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

source: amazon.com

it's basically an at home brazilian blowdry, but only lasts for 30 days. the reviews are really mixed, but some say that is as good as any pro b.b. that they've had done. i dont know if i should try it...they $15 price tag is very tempting.

Roisin, I'm on day 4 after using it, so far so good :smile: I didn't like the shampoo and conditioner the prefer you to use (Their brand) so next wash I'll be using another sodium free, sulfate free brand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snork
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->