Brazilian Revolution, again?

Max Capote

Reaction score
During the last months we had seen how girls that made part of the brazilian revolution between 1999 and 2002 made huge comebacks to HF after years of absense. The most notorious cases are the following:

* Adriana Lima (walked last Givenchy show)
* Ana Claudia Michels (walked last Givenchy shows and is one of the faces of the maison)
* Leticia Birkheuer (walked last Givenchy show)
* Ana Beatriz Barros (walked again Victoria's Secret)
* Fernanda Tavares (shooted for V magazine)
* Caroline Ribeiro (walked in NYC)
* Alessandra Ambrossio (shooted for Numero Tokyo)

On the other hand we have all time favorites like:

* Gisele (everywhere as always)
* Raquel Zimmermann (everywhere)
* Isabeli Fontana (everywhere)
* Caroline Trentini (always featured in Vogue and walked exclusively for YSL in last Paris Fashion Week)

and finally, girls that are making it quite well like:

* Aline Webber
* Emmanuel de Paula (commercial stuff)
* Diane Conterato
* Jeisa Chiminazzo
* Izabel Goulart

Could this be the beginning of a new brazilian revolution ???

I wouldn't say that it's a revolution yet, for many of the girls in the first case it's a case of designers specially requesting certain veterans. Leticia, for example, rarely does runway anymore-one of the last ones she did was Givenchy HC a few years ago. There are quite a few up-and-comers as well, the one I have my eyes on is Gracie Carvalho.

I think Adriana might be poised for a HF comeback. She had a VP ed, an Elle ed and she was in Love. Now Givenchy. Plus I read here that the reason for her agency switch was because she wanted to do more HF.
I have really high hopes (as a Adriana fan) that she might be getting a major cover or ad campaign before the end of the year.

I'm glad she switched agency since we're obviously seeing more of Adriana than before.

I don't know, seems more like a down period for Brazilian models internationally. They always have been a big presence. There were very few Brazilians doing the NY/Paris/Milan shows. Generally, they have a hard time meeting what casting directors want right now -bland, bland, bland. They are also a good bit curvier than what is being asked for.

We'll see what happens. I think the revolution is a couple seasons away when there will be new models to take Europe by storm.

if there is a revolution, i think it is of the less ethnic looking Brazillians, many of the new Brazilian faces have a more caucasian look

I think the Brazilians, along with Russians, will always be in the go to models of for high impact results.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->