What is the Significance of Walking Prada?

edit: If Meisel casts for Anna Sui, why was Catherine McNeil there, acording to Knightley he doesn't like her because he didn't have a hand in her initial discovery and success, although if he did work with her she'd really be his "type" of girl.

Who is this Knightley guy?

What would be the male model equivelent of walking Prada? (What is the most prestigious/most important?) :smile:

^Yes, I've noticed how Baptiste Giabiconi's career has really taken off since Karl Lagerfeld... MDC #1 :innocent:

Does anyone know how much a model is paid to walk in Prada? I've read in a newspaper article exclusives can be paid as much as 60 000 Euros, I suppose many models would walk for free though. How many girls are on hold every season?

Does anyone know how much a model is paid to walk in Prada? I've read in a newspaper article exclusives can be paid as much as 60 000 Euros, I suppose many models would walk for free though. How many girls are on hold every season?

haha 60 000 Euros? :lol::lol::lol::lol: a newbie gets like 5000 and that's it. Not even a campaign is paid with 60 000 Euro^^
I think 4 girls right?

haha 60 000 Euros? :lol::lol::lol::lol: a newbie gets like 5000 and that's it. Not even a campaign is paid with 60 000 Euro^^
I think 4 girls right?
5000 Euros!?:huh: - that even sounds like a lot - I thought most new faces walk for clothes and privilege

for new face prada gives between 3 and 5000 euros.
Last girl i know who did got 3000, just notice that she got the money more than...1 year after, as Prada is in the slowest clients to pay their bills to agencies...:rolleyes:

^
Wow I had no idea that happened, I thought they get paid right after or after fashion week, that's weird, is it because of paperwork or it just takes that long?

^
Wow I had no idea that happened, I thought they get paid right after or after fashion week, that's weird, is it because of paperwork or it just takes that long?
No, it is always like this ...models get payed last. At first it takes forever till clients sends money to agency,after agency must check models situation with statement and expences,tax etc,then model gets money...but dipends of country-can be 3 months ,can be longer.

At the same time, NOT walking Prada isn't detrimental to a models career.

Constance Jablonski :heart: has never walked either Prada or Miu Miu (off topic, doesn't look like she walked many Russell Marsh shows either)....and just look at how well she did at the s/s 2010 shows, not only walking 72 shows in total, but walking the key ones like Opening Celine, walking Calvin Klein, Balmain, Balenciaga.....

and now she's sustaining her exposure in the off season too with her many editorial appearances.

Alessandra Ambrósio walked for Prada for the first time

Last edited by a moderator:
At the same time, NOT walking Prada isn't detrimental to a models career.

agree.

Also I think this was just a one time thing for the VS girls.

I highly doubt we're going to see them season after season at Prada like Natasha or Lara.

As much as I'd like this to be a springboard for someone like Alessandra to walk in other big shows, I doubt that's happening.

I hope Maryna and Abbey Lee weren' thrown in as VS girls
because I would love to see them walk for the brand again

Are Prada campaign & exclusive girls cursed?
After the season is over, I noticed that some disappear or don't do so well
in terms of booking shows, same with their campaign girls. I don't know if
they become overrated that casting directors don't even bother with them anymore.

Some (Exclusives & Campaign) girls that have done poorly in booking shows or are no longer doing shows.
Toni Garrn
Kendra Spears
Katlin Aas
Anna Jagodzinska
Ymre
Suvi Koponen
Julia Hafstorm
Katrin Thormann
Giedre Dukauskaite
Natalia Chabanenko
Cato Van Ee
Adina Forizs

Some (Exclusives & Campaign) girls that have done poorly in booking shows or are no longer doing shows.
Toni Garrn
Kendra Spears
Katlin Aas
Anna Jagodzinska
Ymre
Suvi Koponen
Julia Hafstorm
Katrin Thormann
Giedre Dukauskaite
Natalia Chabanenko
Cato Van Ee
Adina Forizs

each case is different. Take Giedre Dukauskaite, she was already rather far from her peak when she booked Prada, so Prada has been just a sparkle for her that season, but it obviously was not enough to make her book shows again, thing that she was already not doing anymore since 2-3 seasons before Prada.

Toni, Anna J, Suvi did/are doing quite well. Sure Toni or Anna J are nowhere near their 8 campaign monster season, but realistically how possible is it to live up to that season after season. I think Toni and Anna have very respectable careers. Suvi also did quite well and I think she may be fading but Prada took her to the very heights of modeling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->