Céline F/W 11.12 Paris

i am really surprised she didnt send more accessories down the runway, that really seems to be an emerging business for them. perhaps they werent ready. for a moment i thought those leather details on the pants were a fanny pack.

Exquisite tailoring here. This feels less chic and more sporty, but I'm ok with it. The color palette could easily become dowdy but she handled it very well.

But somehow, I'm yet to be wowed by this. I think she can deliver a good collection but lately I don't seem to be shocked by her work. She's a good designer and I still respect her though.

Looks like we're having another amazing season for Céline.

I love how Phoebe's collections always make such a huge impression without any gimmicks or excessive styling et voilà, here's yet another example. Just a simple piece of clothing, but you're wowed instantly. I adore that burgundy leather coat, wonderful.

Celine Fall 2011 HQ

vogue.it

Last edited by a moderator:
again a knockout collection from Celine. this is Philo at her best, her direction for the brand clearly established in this collection; impeccable tailoring and an understated sense of luxury in the pieces inspite of the utilitarianism. this woman definitely knows the trick of how to make you immediately want her clothing. i just can't get over how persuasive everything looks like, the gorgeous coats and the sweaters and the paneled skirts.. the color palette is perfect for fall as well, with just enough burst of yellow and ochre in some of the pieces. i can't wait to see what the bags look like :P

Such a relief after last season...just smart, slick wearable clothes! The coats are amazing, from that brown oversize one on Iselin to the one with fur collars and stoles.

This collection is lacking something...some great pieces, though. I'm starting to prefer her Resort and Pre-Fall collections.

what can I say that hasn't been already? Rather good. Glad to see you can count on some people this season.

I'm completely convinced with Céline this season now that I've seen the collection in its entirety. No gimmicks, just fantastic clothes that you want to put on your back. I am particularly stunned by Suvi Koponen's look. Its simplicity speaks for itself :heart:

Any idea of where was this presented? Phoebe seems to always put an effort in creating a venue that feels coherent to her clothes. I love that.

The cuts are just breathtaking. :heart:
She dictates a mood every season, I agree she may not be the most highly skilled designer but the way she captures quality design with pretty much a trend report in a way that seems fluid and quite genuine (unlike the 'reports' of someone like Marc Jacobs) is just so interesting to watch and like Agrenate said, it has such an immediate effect.. that to me is the result of someone that commanded a flawless research on the mood of consumers and really put an effort into projecting it through her vision.. she's definitely good at what she does, and I love how respectful she is of her buyers.

This is my second favourite collection from Paris Fashion Week. This is what I like... minimalism, its simple and yet elegant. Just with the right fabric and style lines, you get something beautiful.

Bravo :D

Ah, simply sumptuous. From the colour blocking seamed right into the clothing (those dresses! I die!), to the wood grain print (how new - how can she take this tacky 70s wall covering and make it look awesome; it will be recognizable everywhere, screaming "Celine" "Celine!"), through to the most perfectly minimal day AND evening black dresses - this collection is ideal for a modern woman. Wow. Phoebe gets it, the need for luxury, beauty, and simplicity at once. I love this much more than her spring collection. And I haven't even mentioned the outwear and accessories!

00110m.jpg
00200m.jpg

00270m.jpg
00330m.jpg

style.com

She has consistently put out beautiful collections since she started designing for Celine. :heart: There are so many beautiful details here and I absolutely love the simplicity and modernness of all the looks. It's wonderful to witness the evolution of the label.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Calvin Stark
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->