Céline F/W 12.13 : Daria Werbowy, Ginta Lapina & Andreea Diaconu by Juergen Teller

Oh more of the same. It's just not good and I don't think I've ever seen Daria look so dead eyed and frankly, rough. Teller has his own style, fairplay, and some of his older work I have really admired, but now I'm just totally over it.
That said the outdoor shot of Ginta runs rings around anything else shown here.

i wish they left ginta out. she doesnt do anything for me. such great campaign bc it showcases the clothes so well.

Ginta's picture is the best of the campaign hands down. The colors are so appealing, they will definitely stand out in a magazine. The other shots are good too, but Daria isn't really bringing her A-game here like she did with the S/S 2011 campaign.

Not really feeling this, I agree with pellucid. Ginta's shot is the best. And I think the third girl is Andreea Diaconu.

the short hair is quite refresh,but Daria seems old to me in all shots.I love Ginta's shot much more.

Given the fact this collection hasn't got much on me in the first place, there's absolutely nothing exciting about this campaign either, with the exception of very representative Daria (whose striking resemblance to Philo is undeniable). Predictable same old imaginary leaves me thinking Céline woman is ready for a renew when it comes to advertsements, something more dynamic and with divergent interpretations that'd suit her essence way better but wouldn't necessarily grab for attention.
I used to be more supportive of collaboration with Juergen 'cause I thought I understood their straightforward approach with hints at nostalgia, now this has turned into something quite dispirited...
Outdoorsy shot also doesn't cut it.

Her hair :o:shock: She looks great, though. I'm not impressed either.

Has anyone found hi-res pictures of this campaign? I think Daria looks great, but I don't think she and Ginta are the perfect Céline girls to be quite honest.

^ I think Daria is the perfect Celine woman. She's very strong, sleek and independent. The problem is Juergen and his need to make every woman he photographs look hideous. I mean, Daria doesn't even look like she's wearing makeup! His photography works great with the quirkiness of Marc Jacobs, but Celine isn't quirky. It's classic. It's beautiful and minimalist at it's best, but that doesn't mean the campaign shouldn't be glamorous. I wish that Phoebe would go with someone else next season.

That's way better than last year! I'm loving the flamingo :lol:

love the colours and concept but tbh i dont like how lifeless the models look

This is such an odd cast of models. I would never think of Andreea or Ginta as Celine girls. The campaign is also odd. Didn't they do something with flamingos a few seasons ago? It looks kinda stale, tbh.

I really don't get why people are into this campaign - Teller can be great sometimes - but here, his photography style makes all the models look either ill or extremely hungover. :s

celine ad usually focus primary on clothes. so clothes have to look better than models, otherwise customers will shift focus to models instead of clothes.

I don't think that's entirely valid- in this case, the atmosphere of the ads (of lifelessness primarily) is unpleasant enough to actually be distracting from the clothing, and overall detracts from the clothing.

I really love this campaign, and I think the casting is amazing. Andreea's shot looks like a backstage shot, Ginta's is outside( at least the flash isn't erasing all of her features) and Daria looks effortlessly cool in a "Celine environment". Diversity all around. I always thought Andreea was extremely versatile, this proves my point. Plus I'm obsessed with the coat she's wearing, one of the best outfits in the show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cg1
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->