Calvin Klein Collection F/W 09.10 : Jac by David Sims

Well I guess I'll state the obvious: the shots are beautiful, but they are also kind of depressing.

I do not say that I expect to see dark eye-make-up, shiny hair and nude lips a la Versace, but even Prada is putting some gorgeous aubergine make-up on her girls nowadays. I wish I could see some level of glamor or sell-ability, rather than some grim state of reality... season after season after season. Plus, I think the whole 'ugly unkept' girl trend of the late 2000s should also end soon. It has been long enough to see the same girl with messy (or they say 'fairy-like') hair and the 'pls-kill-me-now-I-am-in-so-much-agony' expression.

cK is getting kind of dry. I, for one, hated the styling of the FW show for instance. The vision keeps getting drier and drier, and the clothes lose their edge and allure.

I once want to see something less pedestrian from Costa.

^this is totally off topic but OMG i so agree about the "ugly unkept" girl trend needing to stop. ( i was just about to start a thread on this "look" too) i'm so over it and i thought the whole point of that was so the girls would be more unique? they're all identical as can be.

But to stay on topic, i think the girl fits the creative direction of the ad pretty well. she's kind of homely, but not too off putting that she distracts you from the collection.

These just don't work. Sure they are beautiful images, but they are more of an editorial image rather than advert to sell clothes. These capture a feeling and a moment, but the clothes aren't the focus. All the deep black shadows and cropped images hide the actual garments and their details. These images don't make me want to buy the clothes. Please Calvin, bring back Suvi in front of and McDean or Baron behind the lens!

When i look at it, it doesn't make an impact to me! No story, relevance! ugh! boring!

Monika Jagaciak "Jac" is beautifull, what hapened with Anna Selesneva :cry:

from models.com

Calvinism

June 29th, 2009 Posted by Janelle
Calvin Klein is always on the cutting edge when it comes to model selection and this season is no different. For the F/W campaign the legendary label taps fresh star Will Defiel for an ad that focuses on the simplicity and elegance of dressing. David Sims shoots Will in crisp black and white while David Bradshaw’s styling brings out the cool of those sharp suits.

1236557027_orig_CALVINKLEIN01.jpg

1185581431_orig_CALVINKLEIN02.jpg

This is very boring. I don't know... Sims can do much better B&W photos than this. He's like the best B&W photographer I've known :unsure:

^ Exactly, that's what I thought so too...the ads just feel very empty to me

hate these.. and i usually like the simplicity and graphicness of their ads :( having aj there would have made it somewhat better (hes from kentucky anyways, lots of barns?)

I still dont understand why they went with black and white for this but I enjoy the series more now that I've seen more of the images. Jac is absolutely haunting.

Image Credit | Scanned by Me from Vogue US August 09

I agree, this ads could be much better in color imo.

Thanks for posting :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->