Camille Bidault Waddington - Stylist

hellimaria

Reaction score
Stylist

Camille Bidault Waddington moved to London from Paris in 1997 where she begun her career as a freelance stylist. A continuing relationship with Martine Sitbon and Self Service magazine enabled her to remain part of the Paris fashion industry. Bidault Waddington's unique style led her to work with photographers Nick Knight, Juergen Teller, Mario Testino, Terry Richardson and Horst Diekgerdes for publications such as Dazed and Confused, The Face, and Pop. Her international reputation has led to her collaboration with designers in London, Paris, Milan and New York. She is currently consulting for Marc by Marc Jacobs, Byblos and Pucci and is Fashion Director at Self Service magazine, as well as contributing to Vogue Italia, Vogue Nippon and Vogue China.

(from showstudio)

I think she is adorable . She is married to musician Jarvis Cocker, and they live in Paris with their 4- year- old son Albert .

Last edited by a moderator:
You finally started the thread :clap:

I haven't seen that much of her style or work, but would love to see more.

She styled a Chloë Sevigny edit in the latest issue of Self Service, shot by Terry R. It's fun.

I like her style now. I like it that she wears so many dresses and skirts. She is very beautiful also; uniquely beautiful.

As for those samples of her work, that looks very good too.

CAMILLE BIDAULT- WADDINGTON
32, stylist and contributing fashion editor to The Face, Self Service, Numero and Pop. Also a consultant to Marc Jacobs

Kate Mikhail
Sunday September 22, 2002
The Observer [FONT=Geneva,Arial,sans-serif]

[/FONT]
It's good for me that I live with another creative person. Jarvis [Cocker - whom she recently married] helps me find ways to work the ideas I have. So when I had an idea for a story about dressing sculptures in parks, we went out together to do research. I find music helps, too, and Jarvis often sings at home. You can be creative anywhere. I used to think environment was important, so I got a studio and painted all my furniture pink and put all my pictures up, but after a while I was never there, so now I work from home.

My job is about creating something from nothing. It's very abstract: you choose the girl, you choose the location. Basically you invent a little world, which is just going to last one day. And it's only when you look through the Polaroids over breakfast the next day that you realise what you have done.
I think the enemy of creativity is conformism and being scared of what others are going to think about what you're doing. You have to disregard any kind of judgement from outside, because as soon as you start asking around too much for advice, you're finished.

BerlinRocks said:
pas trop tôt...
I have an article about her wedding in an old SelfService...
can we post some of her works or is it just for her style?!
It should mainly be for her work.. as the thread is located in Behind the Lens.. however if her personal style continues to be a focus.. maybe it would be an idea to split the thread into 2 one for Star Style and leave the posts that focus primarily on her work here ? :flower:

I was about to open a thread about her.I really like her.I have some articles about her and her work but they're all at my house in Lebanon.

StellaMare said:
^^ do post her work if you have any :flower: this thread should be for both..
^_^ all I have is from her agency site...

just found one complete editorial in my archive....

SelfService - fall 2005
photo by Terry Richardson
model : Mariacarla

sorry it might not be complete....
blzn

Vogue Nippon April 2007
Indian Summer
Model
Daiane Conterato
Styled by Camille Bidault Waddington
Photographed by Terry Tsiolis

scanned by Gold_Star for the tFS Vogue Nippon April 2007 Magazine Thread

She's amazing, one of my fave stylists! I love her work for Self Service.

I :heart: her!

"Minni: I Like Your Style"
The Face- Oct 01 (I think)
Styled by Camille Bidault-Waddington
Model: Mini Anden

usemycomputer.com

posted by chrissym in the pierre bailly thread

thesartorialist.blogspot.com

Wednesday, February 15, 2006
The Stylish Always Influence The Fashionable
Camille Bidault Waddington backstage styling Wunderkind Fall 2006

camillebidaultwaddingtomn2.jpg
camilleno2.jpg

I didn't know she did Teen Vogue!! I snagged this off of their website (she was credited for being the fashion editor)
stsl01_frenchconnection.jpg

stsl02_frenchconnection.jpg

stsl03_frenchconnection.jpg

stsl04_frenchconnection.jpg

stsl05_frenchconnection.jpg

Colour
Another Magazine Fall/Winter 2007
Photographed by Serge Leblon
Model: Audrey Marney

Scanned by alix*

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics