Leopard Coats

When it comes to real fur, not every 'leopard print' coat is made from leopard, which tends to be rather scratchy and hard - the hides I've encountered would have been better suited as rugs, they were like goatskin, if you've ever felt that type of hide.

If you want to check it out before you spend your money on it, go to any museum which has a natural history collection and there should be some taxidermy where you can see the nature of the skin, and how coarse it is over most of the animal, with softer sections on the underside, but certainly not dense enough to quality as plush.

If you see someone wearing a soft and supple-looking fur with a leopard print, chances are that it's lynx, and given the price of those, anyone wanting to emulate that look would be better off getting a coat made from a different type of fur (like rabbit) which has been artfully patterned as leopard print.

The legality of buying and selling real leopard will vary from country to country, but generally, it's not a great idea. Because it's such a rare skin, there is a sense of the forbidden about it - but the reality is bristles and stiffness. You're far better off with faux, on every count, from your bank account to your conscience.

I have a faux leopard print fur trench coat. Love it. It has simple lines and features so it is timeless. But leopard print goes in and out about every 3 years it seems. Unfortunately, with any animal print, some are done well, some are terrible. You have to look at the quality of the print, the material etc.

I was inspired by Carolyn Bessette Kennedy and her leopard print coat. She wore it with a simple black outfit of I remember correctly. That's how to wear an animal print, simply.

i saw a coat with that print in Zara... ive got like with that print as its been said its timeless but the coat its like... i have a light jacket and so but... im not sure... maybe on sales... not really enthusiastic about this trend right now... no matter ive got recently a belt with that print... but i guess i saw that coat too much everywhere thats why im not very into it...

I didn't like it too much but I caved and bought one when I saw this.
121709118__49040.jpg

shopnastygal

pinkprincess I loveeeee that coat! I think I've been interested in this leopard thing as soon as I saw those LV scarves that were everywhere (And still are), but this year really made me fall in love with the coats and the faux furs that look kind of crazy and vintage. I got a cheap one to try and satiate my need, but clearly it wasn't enough because I'm still hunting for the perfect one!

OMG , Santa Claus gave me one of zara ,hahahahahaha i'm so so happy!

I never liked animal prints, but the coat with leopard print, I really like. There are combinations just amazing with that coat

Leopard print is timeless. I would love to own the leoopard coat. I love the last one that Kenysha75 posted:heart:

I've always always loved leopard print. I'm currently ebaying leopard everything haha. I've already found some leggings and 2 hoodies. I like leopard coats but I think I'd get more use out of a hoodie personally. As far as real leopard fur, to my knowledge it's now illegal everywhere since the leopard is becoming endangered in some areas of the world. So if you were to find real leopard fur it would be vintage.

You should be really careful with this trend.I think here the rule is 'Less is more.' Otherwise it would look overdone.

You should be really careful with this trend.I think here the rule is 'Less is more.' Otherwise it would look overdone.

i agree-i have a leopard jerome dreyfuss bag (not an oversized bag :shock:) but that's about as far as it goes

no offense to a few posts above, but a leopard hoodie? Really??

Vanessa Paradis
gallery.vanessaparadispics.com
19779802.jpg

(I love that coat.... it looks like a leopard print trench) :smile:

4193008932_c724a1ef57_o.jpg
4193009106_99b01c7aff_o.jpg
4193009272_113e027e23_o.jpg

Leopard Faux Fur Coat : Coming Soon By Yohji Yamamoto
.leblogdebetty.com
4162608975_604c796c7f_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread