Can You Keep A Secret is gonna be a movie

jssy4eva

Reaction score
I don't know if many of you have read the book, but i am so excited to hear that the Sophie Kinsella book " Can You Kepp A Secret" is going to be turned into a movie. Sophie Kinsella is the author that also wrote the Shopaholic books. Kate Hudson is gonna star as Emma and so far she is the only one cast. Here is a brief synopsis of the movie:

Based on the Sophie Kinsella (Confessions of a Shopaholic) novel. Emma Corrigan, successful Panther Cola employee, is returning to the UK on a flight after a lousy meeting. As the plane experiences extreme turbulance, she confesses every one of her innermost secrets to a complete stranger sitting next to her. The next day when Emma arrives at work, she discovers that the brilliant American CEO of Panther Cola, Jack Harper, is visiting for the week. She is aghast when she finds out that Jack is the man from the plane!! Emma, her best friend Lissy, and their roommate Jemima, are then sent into a spiral of crazy events. Emma's relationship with Jack predictably evolves in an entertaining fashion. What will happen with the combination of love, deceit, sex, backstabbing, secrets, and lies?

from www.imdb.com

so exciting!!!!!

Wow! Seriously.

The book was a cute mindless read. Love the author.

I think Kate would be fun playing Emma- she was cute in Lose a guy, and its the same sort of.......mindlessness. What about Josh Duhamel playing Jack?

i wish they would turn the shopaholic novels into a movie. those were fun to read :-)

*JJ* said:
i wish they would turn the shopaholic novels into a movie. those were fun to read :-)

I am so with you on this one!!!

I started reading "Can you keep a secret" about a year ago and never finished it...better get on that:P

But Emma is supposed to be a little bit overweight and Kate Hudson is skinny. Other than that, Kate is good for the role...

Yay! Love the book; doesn't have the same delicious humor as Bridget Jones, but still a relatively good book-into-movie. Kate should definately be in the movie, she's a talented comedy actress. Hmmmm.....but for the guy? I think we need someone a little bit older, kinda scruffy....I think the guy who plays the plumber in Desperate Housewives would fit the role perfectly. He's good for that laid-back, American character. Then again, the directors might want someone more 'Hollywood' :rolleyes:

I am so excited about this, I ahve read the book twice and the second time I read it I could reall envision it as a film.

I hope they cast someone good as jack, someone charming and mysterous but not typically sexy!!

maybe james denton or some said josh duhamel...but josh or chad michael Murray could be connor...connor is blonde and extremely good looking...and so are they...i am so excited :buzz:

jack is supposed to be a bit older right???? oh...maybe clive owen or viggo mortenson

That's awesome. I thought the book was good.. They should turn the shopaholic books into a movie too!

Clive Owen could probably play Jack actually!! If he grew lots of stubble! :D

yay my fav 2 books, are going to be films, devil wears prada and this one

i don't even think it has started filming and kate hudson is the only one cast so far...so i don't know...maybe next year???

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pappagallo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->