Confessions of a Shopaholic Movie

i'm in love with this series.... so it is dissapointing to see the fashion is so bad (but i've always thought Pat Field was a hit or miss stylist).. however i'll just try to separate the books and the movie because it might be something good on its own but there's no way i can think of this as an adaption :ermm:

the casting for Becky is meh, but I'm so upset about Luke! And SUZE!! Luke should've been taller, broader, with a square jaw and dark, short hair... and why make Suze black? I hate when people try to throw in some token race for no real reason.... :rolleyes::huh:

I just finished the series (in one weekend!). The books are great, total chick lit, but so much fun!!

I just read all three pages of the thread and I can't believe the fashions in the movie. That is NOT how Becky Bloomwood dresses!! Becky is classy and doesn't wear flashy fashions like that. Isla Fisher (although I like her) is NOT AT ALL what I imagined Becky to be like.

This movie is shaping up to be nothing like the book series!! It's really upsetting, because I feel like they are going to use the success of the books as a marketing tool to launch the movie- when it seems the movie is not going to be like the books.

I know that people might be sick of me going on and on about how wrong this is but I LOVE this series so much that I just believe it is going to be ruined.

Oh no, I definitely agree with you. It's a shame how they are putting together this movie!!

becky bloomwood is british not american! and the story in the books was in UK not New York!

Still lookng forward to see this movie. This is one my favorite books so they better not ruin this on the big screen

I don't understand why producers are 'Americanizing' and making this film so generic when the fans of the book will most certainly be annoyed/put off. And the reviews won't be good because they'll making it so predictable and bland- what is the point?!

It's everything Becky is not, it's just totally different to the books. It makes me angry!

^ completely agree. I should be looking forward to this movie, because I love the books so much but I can already tell that it's going to be terrible. I know I'll watch it anyway, but I know that I won't like it.

I saw the trailer! it was reallly funny! So i'm not 100% against the movie...

I can't find it on the net though :(

The authors shouldn't allow the producers to to that. If the authors to they obviously don't care about their fans.

Yes, the trailer!! WHERE?!?! I've googled it and found nothing...I need to see this trailer. :flower:

^THANK YOU!

That trailer brought a smile to my face. I think Isla Fisher is PERFECT for the role of bubbly, ditzy, and adorable Becky. I wish Luke was more Christian-Bale; I think Hugh Dancy is too "soft" for Luke.

omg thank you,:woot:

i loved the trailer...she is soo funny...
despite the crappy styling, i'm eager to see the movie.
:flower:

Terrible!
She Should Be English!
And Her Man Doesnt Speak Prada, He Barely Speaks!
Why Isnt She Clumsy!

^ Agree! Luke is supposed to be aloof and mildly cold toward Becky- What's more, her style is far more toned down.

Her being English makes up for 90% of the story- it's a completely different film just with the same character names. Now it looks just like every other Americanized, same-old chick-flick

^ Agree! Luke is supposed to be aloof and mildly cold toward Becky- What's more, her style is far more toned down.

Her being English makes up for 90% of the story- it's a completely different film just with the same character names. Now it looks just like every other Americanized, same-old chick-flick

It's true, it's very Americanized. I've decided to watch it based on the trailer/teaser, because I did find it funny, but it doesn't change the fact that it's all wrong and not like the Shopaholic at all. I'm not a believer in sticking completely to the books, changes are allowed, but they had completely lost the spirit of the books. It's very frustrating because I really wanted to see Becky and Luke and every other character in the books be brought alive on the screen. Alas, we won't get to see that in this movie.

Thank you for the trailer!

I will still be watching, but it's pretty clear that it's going to be nothing like the book. I really wish they would have stuck to the book and the 'British feel' of the story. It's so clever and funny the way Sophie Kinsella wrote the story, it's brilliant chick lit! I see nothing of the books in the movie.

I know how you feel advo- I wanted to see these characters come to life so badly! They are so British and the humour in the books is great, I would have loved to see that awkward-ness translated to the big screen. I still wish Becky was British, and oh how badly I wanted to see the aloof-but loving Luke!!!

I havent read Remember Me? by the author, I want to get it soon though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
us4848
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->