Canadian Project Runway

finalfashion

Reaction score
canada.com

Published: Monday, July 10, 2006

Producers of the U.S. cable hit Project Runway have struck a deal for a Canadian version.

Fremantle International Distribution announced Monday it is partnering with Canada’s Insight Production Company Ltd. for the reality series. Insight already produces Canadian Idol with Fremantle.

Project Runway, which received an Emmy nomination last week, gives struggling fashion designers a chance to showcase their creations to the world. They compete against each other in a series of challenges and are eliminated one-by-one.

“I have no doubt that our combined efforts will lead to the successful launch of the exciting format in Canada,” said David Ellender, CEO of FremantleMedia Enterprises, in a release.

The U.S. version of the show airs on NBC-Universal’s Bravo network in the U.S. and on Alliance-Atlantis’ Life Network in Canada. A Canadian broadcaster has not yet been found but a spokesperson for Insight says there is a lot of interest in the show.

I must say this looks interesting. Is anyone here thinking of applying?
Any guesses for judges, host, prizes?

oops, i started the same thread...i want to apply, but i want more info on when we need to apply, and i also wanted to ask any british or american applicants what was required of them? i need time to prepare!!

It seems like Canada simply waits for the States and Europe to dictate what is attractive and acceptable in our industry. We have our own innovative people; why aren't we seeing more of them?

Ace of Spades said:
It seems like Canada simply waits for the States and Europe to dictate what is attractive and acceptable in our industry. We have our own innovative people; why aren't we seeing more of them?

Couldn't have said it better myself.

I'm so glad we will have our own show. I think this might bring Canada's talent finally to 'mainstream' eyes, who otherwise would not be familiar enough with them to support them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->