Project Runway

fouroclock said:
Morganza was from Elite?

Oh wow did she waste her chances when she got dropped.

She was with Next. The alignment of the writing and photos is quirked a bit.

OMG! Nick Verros was my flat sketching instructor !!! He is SOOOOOOO nice, laid-back, cool, but very dedicated & hardworking. The pics do make them all look like idiots but Nick has great credentials. He actually worked with a couture house in Europe many many years ago (I forget which one & where). He was also asked to be a personality for Queer Eye for the Straight Girl. Anyway, I wish him luck!

Gina Michele said:
One of the new constestants has a site http://www.karajanx.com/
I've seen her work before...

that is really strange...I mean she is already selling at Saks 5th Avenue...I thought that this contest was for new designers to give them the big break they need.

you guys lets get somethang straight. WENDDY PEPPER HA TO WIN THE S1 OF PR. If ya have seen jays site his designs are so overly designed yet not wearable for me, honestly i myself won't wear that stuff. karasaun was so fake and show her cheatin character at the finale. She wanted big name models to show of he dollhouse shoes and gucci cloth. jay had 4 devestating looks and that shreded pink dress makes u think who killed big bird and dyed him pink. Anywayz i do like the guy and a few of his designs. Wendy had to win it. my gosh that colection was beautiful and went together . her see thru shirt did mest her up but notice people fashion is art and the human body is. i dont say women will wear see thru shirts but as a designer like me art is art. All the models were great unfortunately Josiane showed a snatty character and My favorite was morgan, second all of them. This second season idk wat to expect, the models look like they were piked up from Aan ANTM audition and then Daniel is back i mean like seriously have u seen his jackets is lie who the hell cant make a suit with a print in it. o well i hope is good and hope theres more drama cuz thats wat kept us watchin this.

noehedquist4life said:
you guys lets get somethang straight. WENDDY PEPPER HA TO WIN THE S1 OF PR. If ya have seen jays site his designs are so overly designed yet not wearable for me, honestly i myself won't wear that stuff. karasaun was so fake and show her cheatin character at the finale. She wanted big name models to show of he dollhouse shoes and gucci cloth. jay had 4 devestating looks and that shreded pink dress makes u think who killed big bird and dyed him pink. Anywayz i do like the guy and a few of his designs. Wendy had to win it. my gosh that colection was beautiful and went together . her see thru shirt did mest her up but notice people fashion is art and the human body is. i dont say women will wear see thru shirts but as a designer like me art is art. All the models were great unfortunately Josiane showed a snatty character and My favorite was morgan, second all of them. This second season idk wat to expect, the models look like they were piked up from Aan ANTM audition and then Daniel is back i mean like seriously have u seen his jackets is lie who the hell cant make a suit with a print in it. o well i hope is good and hope theres more drama cuz thats wat kept us watchin this.

uhm im sorry but your post is so overly designed it looks fake and disgusting. :yuk: sorry just needed to be said.
Wendy didnt show any talent really till her final runway show and i guess the banana republic dress. but she was evil and manipulative and just annoying. her kid was cute. the see thru shirt didnt make anysense in her show we agree there but whatever. Jay did a good job played the game well. and dammit.. dont MAKE me post a picture of wendy peppers postal service uniform... those shorts.. why would you do that to someones shorts?:innocent:

noehedquist4life said:

obviously written by a 13-14 year old. With the "anywayz" and the 'wat' and of course the shortening of i don't know to "idk".

Not sure what "snatty" is, but I can guess.

But wait! WAIT, this poster is a designer too.

I'm 13 on d verge of 14 but i dont use "anywayz" and "wat" and "idk". I only use lol!! But what is Jay's Website?

No People Is Not A Thirteen Year Old But Thanx For Showing Your Little Character. And U People Judge For The Shortnening Of Words Plz Ya Immature. U Still Got What I Mean Didn't U , Yeah U Did. Well I Posted My Opinion And Thats What I Did. Know I Thought Wendy Should Have Won Many Dont Thinks So. I Think Her Collection Was Great And Not Fake. But We All Have Different Oppinions. Yes I'm A Designer As Well And Even Though Is Tuff To Make It Here In Ny We All Do What We Like To Do. Jays Website Is Jaymccarroll.com But Theres Not Much To It Unless It Got Updated.

Kara Janx's clothes are quite boring. I only liked her underwear and binki collections even then, she needs to branch out a bit. There's only boyshorts there.

I adored this show, I can hardly wait for Season 2!!
Having said that, I do not like to criticize new designers.

But, this was clearly about RealityTv and not fashion. I was shocked that Parsons degraded themselves to be associated with this show though I am certain they have had a surge in applicants from dreamers.

I won't mention names, but the most successful contestants were tragic- they designed, repeatedly, the same boring, knockoffs we have seen over and over again. There was nothing- save one dress- that was remotely orginal or noteworthy on that show. One of the most successful designers repeatedly produced what I would call Joan Collins wear. (you know who that was).

The only item I really liked was Starr's Banana Republic dress- I thought it was the only truly original view- very artistic and graceful. It was poorly made, yes, but she seemed to have a vision in her design that transcended JcPenney-rare for a reality show.

I am happy that Jay McCarroll won- he was one the few that enough talent to actually accomplish something. But I see him more as an assistant to another designer- not a Creative Director himself. On the other hand, outside of the RealityTV circuit, who knows what he is capable of.......

I am more interested in the British version of this show, secured by Elizabeth Hurley. Hopefully that will showcase more innovation and creativity in the designers than the American version.

Or maybe I am just a spiteful, jealous b*tch..........:lol: LUCKY ME!!!!!

noehedquist4life said:
No People Is Not A Thirteen Year Old But Thanx For Showing Your Little Character. And U People Judge For The Shortnening Of Words Plz Ya Immature. U Still Got What I Mean Didn't U , Yeah U Did. Well I Posted My Opinion And Thats What I Did. Know I Thought Wendy Should Have Won Many Dont Thinks So. I Think Her Collection Was Great And Not Fake. But We All Have Different Oppinions. Yes I'm A Designer As Well And Even Though Is Tuff To Make It Here In Ny We All Do What We Like To Do. Jays Website Is Jaymccarroll.com But Theres Not Much To It Unless It Got Updated.

I liked Wendy's collection very much. The pantsuit Martinique (the most solid model in the group) modelled in the finale was pure Euro-Luxe.

But I ultimately agree with the judges, the collection was not consistent or focused. The actual peices were strong, but they did not seem to relate to one idea or vision.

to somday

You are quite right about the collection. It was good and had strong pieces , but somehow felt is wasn't relating to the whole colection named the thrill of the hunt. The colors were great i liked the greens and brons which people dont really wear. Jay also put colors that were great like the faded greens and browns and the lavender piece.I saw karajanx's website and theres nothing much to it. Her bikini prints and designs are kool but about he clothing im not too shure. Everyone has their own style and we never know what she showed on S2 so i guess we'll wait o find out on Dec.7. Heres a website of the designers collections with photos
http://www.fashionledge.com/shows/index.php?gallery=428&ioffset=26&Seasons=

I thought Morgan rocked but Melissa looked like a man imo. There were quite a few well-known models walking the runway in the finale- michelle buswell, oujwala, cintia and....ann from america's next top model!

Last edited by a moderator:
Someday said:
I am more interested in the British version of this show, secured by Elizabeth Hurley. Hopefully that will showcase more innovation and creativity in the designers than the American version.

Or maybe I am just a spiteful, jealous b*tch..........:lol: LUCKY ME!!!!!

Elizabeth Hurley?! Ohh..I want to see the British version!

SuGaR_rUsH said:
I thought Morgan rocked but Melissa looked like a man imo. There were quite a few well-known models walking the runway in the finale- michelle buswell, oujwala, cintia and....ann from america's next top model!

Ann was there?! Where? I didn't recognize her! (I knew she'd be booked no matter what ANTM thought)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamon53
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->