Project Runway

^yep, it was aired. You see Cintia for a few seconds, and then you see Kara and Jay arguing a little over who gets to use her.

morgan38 said:
^yep, it was aired. You see Cintia for a few seconds, and then you see Kara and Jay arguing a little over who gets to use her.

Sweet! Now I have an another excuse to splurge poor college student funds for the Season 1 DVD set (Will there be one? I think so but I'm not sure anymore). Or I can just tape the finale when they run a marathon before the next season starts, which I'm assuming they will do for publicity.

haha. yeah. i remember that episode. they were all fighting over the big name models. it was hilarious.

October 04, 2005

Sixteen Designers Announced For Project Runway 2

On Wednesday, December 7 at 10 p.m. ET/PT, Bravo will launch the second season of the Emmy-nominated, premier reality series focusing on fashion designers, "Project Runway." The premiere episode of the thirteen, one-hour episode run, will pit sixteen designers against one another on the Road to the Runway. These contestants will compete in weekly design challenges at Parsons The New School For Design in New York City, until only three remain and face off once again at New York Fashion Week in February.

imp.gif
Eager to give aspiring designers a chance to break into the notoriously difficult-to-crack fashion world, supermodel Heidi Klum will once again head a panel of industry luminaries, including top women's and men's wear designer Michael Kors and Elle Magazine fashion director Nina Garcia, who will serve as judges and industry mentors charged with selecting and molding the budding designers. There will also be guest judges each week based on the specific challenge. Tim Gunn, Chair of the Parsons The New School For Design, will return to guide the contestants through each of their challenges.

"The first season of 'Project Runway' generated incredible buzz and even more incredible designs," said Bravo President, Lauren Zalaznick. "We are thrilled to bring back this high quality, high drama series with new design challenges that inspire the creativity from the designers that viewers expect."

The new season's sixteen designers are:

Raymundo Baltazar, 24 -- Los Angeles, CA
Kara Janx, 29 -- Johannesburg, South Africa
Chloe Dao, 33 -- Houston, TX
Emmett McCarthy, 42 -- New York, NY
Marla Duran, 51 -- Allentown, PA
Santino Rice, 30 -- Los Angeles, CA
Kirsten Ehrig, 37 -- Los Angeles, CA
Heidi Standridge, 25 -- Atlanta, GA
Diana Eng, 22 -- Jacksonville, FL
Nick Verros, 38 -- Los Angeles, CA
Daniel Franco, 31 -- Los Angeles, CA
Guadalupe Vidal, 29 -- Los Angeles, CA
Andrae Gonzalo, 32 -- Los Angeles, CA
Daniel Vosovic, 24 -- New York, NY
Zulema Griffin, 28 -- New York, NY
John Wade, 24 -- Los Angeles, CA

The winning designer will walk away with $100,000 in seed money to help them launch their own line and a 2007 Saturn SkyRoadster, both provided by Saturn. The winner's designs will be featured in a spread in ELLE, photographed by the magazine's world-renowned Publication Director, Gilles Bensimon. They will also receive a mentorship from the Banana Republic Design Team.
source : www.realitytvmagazine.com/blog

pic of designers and list

and the contestants of Project Runway 2 are.....(left to right, top to bottom. from the list above) --

Andrae Gonzalo, 32 :: Los Angeles, CA
Kara Janx, 29 :: Johannesburg, South Africa
Nick Verros, 38 :: Los Angeles, CA
Emmett McCarthy, 42 :: New York, NY
Heidi Standridge, 25 :: Atlanta, GA
Guadalupe Vidal, 29 :: Los Angeles, CA
Zulema Griffin, 28 :: New York, NY
Daniel Vosovic, 24 :: New York, NY
John Wade, 24 :: Los Angeles, CA
Marla Duran, 51 :: Allentown, PA
Santino Rice, 30 :: Los Angeles, CA
Kirsten Ehrig, 37 :: Los Angeles, CA
Diana Eng, 22 :: Jacksonville, FL
Daniel Franco, 31 :: Los Angeles, CA
Raymundo Baltazar, 24 :: Los Angeles, CA
Chloe Dao, 33 :: Houston, TX
e9td07.jpg

- source: justjared.blogspot.com

DANIEL IS BACK???? WHAT THE HECK??

It looks...erm...all...american and false...

Sorry if i'm wrong...but...american reality TV is so fake and cheesy...hell, so is British reality TV...

I never saw the first one...obviously a great oppertunity for the winner...

the only similar thing I have seen, which was 2 maybe 3 years ago...was on C4 (british channel 4)...i think it was based in Milan...and was mainly made up of British and european (mainly Italian) design tallent...

anyway, I'll shall probably watch this...

thanks Marianne...

Thanks sweet_marianne :flower: I was hoping there would be another season :woot:

your welcome, i'm just suprised they brought back daniel. that they gave him another chance, i have this odd feeling he will be eliminated first again, hahaha.

it's a broader spectrum this time. I think one of them went to MIT (their art and tech program) and one went to Cranbrook or Carnegie mellon for product design.

Guys dont you think that the first models were the only best ones i mean they were all hot u know like martinique,melisa,audrey,olga,joy,and allison. i really dont like the looks of these models i only like the looks of 3 out of all of them i hope they got good personalities and best of all the catwalk counts.later.

Just compare these models from season one to the ones that are new. there is no comparison between the ones from the first season and the ones now, the first ones r way too awesome.
pic_themodels_allison.jpg
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]ALLISON[/FONT]
HEIGHT: 5'10.5"
HOME STATE: Michigan
AGENCY: New York Model Mgt.
pic_themodels_audrey.jpg
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]AUDREY[/FONT]
HEIGHT: 5'10"
HOME STATE: Virginia
pic_themodels_erin.jpg
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]ERIN[/FONT]
HOME STATE: New Jersey
pic_themodels_jenny.jpg
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]JENNY[/FONT]
HOME STATE: Ohio
pic_themodels_josiane.jpg
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]JOSIANE[/FONT]
HOME: Brazil
AGENCY: Click Models
pic_themodels_joy.jpg
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]JOY[/FONT]
HOME STATE: Texas
pic_themodels_julia.jpg
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]JULIA[/FONT]
HEIGHT: 6'
HOME STATE: California
pic_themodels_martinique.jpg
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]MARTINIQUE[/FONT]
HEIGHT: 5'11"
AGENCY: IMG
pic_themodels_mary.jpg
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]MARY[/FONT]
HEIGHT: 5'11"
HOME STATE: Texas
pic_themodels_melissa.jpg
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]MELISSA[/FONT]
HEIGHT: 5'9"
AGENCY: Elite Models
pic_themodels_morgan.jpg
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]MORGAN[/FONT]
HEIGHT: 5' 10"
HOME STATE: Iowa
AGENCY: Next Models
pic_themodels_olga.jpg
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]OLGA[/FONT]
HEIGHT: 5' 10"
HOME: Czech Republic

These r the best models ever.

S1 models were awesome indeed, loved Martinique and Olga!

A lot of large city dwellers in S2...guess the suburban housewife *cough Wendy cough* isn't working too well for them anymore :lol: :lol:

Morganza was from Elite?

Oh wow did she waste her chances when she got dropped.

fouroclock said:
Morganza was from Elite?

was morganza the one who was late for the first episode??

fouroclock said:
Morganza was from Elite?

maybe but this past season she was in plenty of shows. I mean she did walk for Balenciaga even after the show aired.

elite probably picked her back up again. First thinking that it would be bad press to have one of their models late for a show that was going to be aired nationally, then realizing that she was such a character that it could perhaps be good publicity to keep her on.

why did they let daniel franco back? why? why? why?

morganza was my favorite.. i miss watching that show cant wait for the new season to start

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->