Celine Resort 2010

so stiff...:ninja:...

i like the dresses and the cut of the pants...
but the stiffness is offputting imho...

:ermm:...

This looks pretty amazing to me!
I'm so impressed, it's definitely different from her old work, love the shapes, especially the jackets!

I am blown away.... it is GORGEOUS. The proportions, the fit, the colors.... and the shoes... talk about making an entrance!! :wub:

NOT IMPRESSED !!!
it looks like a bad concoction of YSL pilati and Balenciaga thrown together.
http://www.style.com/fashionshows/review/2010RST-CELINE

in complete agreement with the ysl and balenciaga!! phoebe can do A LOT better... i was expecting a much more mature attitude, luxurious classic fabrics, comfort and perfect fit....
the first look on #6 is a nightmare... where did those shoes com from? where does the skirt end? why is the jacket cropped like that? awful balance

Pilati's YSL and Balenciaga melange was the first thing I thought when I saw it.

Anyway, I absolutely adore the silhouettes, I think they're totally new and original.
I love the styling, the way she wears jackets and I love the model. She looks totally different from all the "tops" of the moment, fresh 'n' Cool.

A fresh wave into the fashion world. I can only say Bravo.
Lookin forward to p-a-p collection.

I'm 50/50, when I saw the first outfit I thought wow, it's a sleek look, easy to wear by many body types, the trousers too, love the trousers, the tweeds are well matched...but the stiffness of the collection is at pair with some of Ghesquiere's Balenciaga collections, that jackets stand by their own, literally and the model and styling do not help that much...and I only like the shoes the model is wearing, the bags are good, very in sync with the no it-bag bag trend that's catching up.

Want to add that this is too stiff for resort and the cut awkward for many of the pieces out there, eg. those first skirts with the rounded corners are quite disastrous. She is getting into YSL/Calvin Klein/Paulo territory, but she is missing the ease, aesthetics and flattering shapes the more talented minimal designers manage to evolve. The sportswear is also much better as handled by Ivana Omazic.

boring, its to stiff for celine. Cleine house used to be all soft suits, soft cuts. this is totally the oppisite. reminds me alot of Chloe and YSL. colors are very fall/autum collection. Dissapointing collection.

Thats what bothers me about this collection its stuffy ,stiff , and awkwardly cut . Sure on the model , these clothes might look decent ( i beg to differ ) but on regular people in regular lighting , this will look bad. Phoebe is a talented woman , she does not need take such a heavy influence from Balenciaga , and YSL pilati (whose RTW collections IMO fail to connect to a woman) .Chloe was about fast selling clothes to young girls , because she created pieces which would last for years. Ironically she said the same thing about her Celine collection but none of these clothes are classic (seriously , ill fitting skirts , huge lapel blazers and awkward pants ), all reak of that Balenciaga /YSL pilati moment of the late 2000s , for 2010 phoebe needs to set the trend or look rather than follow them.

Last edited by a moderator:
the pieces look really luxurious and classy and gorgeous, all at the same time. great!

Well...im very glad she is back, i think she was so needed in the fashion world, like Tom F right?

The collection?...ahhhm:shock:
I mean, it's Celine, it's another brand, I wouldnt wear it, Im not a Celine girl
she hit point on the maturity of the looks...it really can be worn by 35's to 45's women, that's a good thing
but I do agree with many of you TFS's , it is stiff, it looks a bit awkward
I never been a structured girl...I need clothes to flown with me...

plus...isnt resort a collection for vacations and holidays??
why so stiff? why so rigid?
i thought summer holidays were all about having fun, and being flirtatious
these are not sexy clothes, or flirting pieces...
im not getting resort vibe at all:angry:

plus...isnt resort a collection for vacations and holidays?? why so stiff? why so rigid?

resort hits stores mid-winter when this clientel takes off for warm-weather retreats in palm beach and st. barths and bali and everywhere else on holiday. however, the snow's generally still on the ground when these clothes arrive in stores so many designers try to make the pieces slightly seasonless....take phoebe philo's old boss, stella mccartney.

boring, its to stiff for celine. Cleine house used to be all soft suits, soft cuts. this is totally the oppisite. reminds me alot of Chloe and YSL. colors are very fall/autum collection. Dissapointing collection.

Excellent point about the softness of the old Celine ... I really liked that.

And I quite agree with disco that Pilati doesn't connect with a woman. There's a reason for that :wink:

this collection must have a lot of fusible (?) in it, hm ...

It may be a bit different from the Phoebe Philo aesthetic I've known of at Chloe but I think Philo could be Celine's saviour...

And in Celine's history, I think Phoebe's works will have more potential and direction than those of Michael Kors but I guess we'll just have to see in the coming months...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->