Celine Resort 2010

NOT IMPRESSED !!!
it looks like a bad concoction of YSL pilati and Balenciaga thrown together.
http://www.style.com/fashionshows/review/2010RST-CELINE

Agreed. I think she'll need to do more to separate her designs from what's already out there. Alexander Wang's leather shorts? Coats and capes that are vaguely Chloe-esque? Hmmm. But in all fairness this is her first try and its just an interim spectacle. I am glad she is back and can't wait to see who becomes more influential Philo or McGibbon.

Last edited by a moderator:
LOVE the blue trousers and the first white dress in the last post. other than that, it seems to have some Balenciaga running through it. the austerity and cleanliness of the designs are beautiful althoght very stark. severe...

Phoebe did THIS?? Its so.........non-Phoebe.

The structured edges of those coats are vicious! I love how well put together everything is. This could be good enough for a RTW collection.
The silver blazer is amazing! Theres also the one black n white outfit that looks great too.

But it looks kinda like Balenciaga Fall 2008 to me.

Phoebe Philo at Celine looks inspired by what Paulo did at Chloe... definitely better than what she churned out at Chloe.

Phoebe Philo's first collection in celine after her comeback from family life is stunning. love her game of nude - the sexiest color, and sharp line - the last element would be used in proportion to define feminine.
most of the pieces absolutely will stand the test of time as the designer expected.

The shapes are so interesting and very different from what she's done before.. but she does it amazingly, I love it!

it's love at first sight. LOVE the styling but i love even more those jackets. to die for. i agree with whoever mentioned that it makes me want to own something from Celine.

I honestly dont see phoebe in this , in the process of being the polor opposite of Chloe ,she forgot herself in the midst. Celine was about fast selling wearable clothes for women in their 30s , this is too arty .

oh, I love most of them.
the cut is very exquisite

It's Fantastic. Was unsure about it at first, the techy-parka looking pieces may not work as well as they could but all in all this is a fabulous, strong, directional, and WEARABLE debut. And it's only resort.....

Girl has done good.

This is a nice start. I can see some her "Chloe" looks in these but more streamlined and sleek. I don't understand why people would expect her to do the same at one house when she has moved on to another.

this is sharp, its philo for celine, not chloe. mature, sharp and well proportioned (which she always had a knack for). very modern and clever, just the infusion celine needed. she is off to a fast start and i will certainly be adding celine to my list of lines i will be looking at from now on.

On the whole, I think I like it. There are some incredibly fantastic coats and jackets here.

I only wish the lighting and photography was better...it's so terrible and it's really distracting.

The shapes and the structures and the coats. :heart:

I wish the model could turn a bit though. I'm not fond of how she stands because the clothes look very flat and I really want to see them from a different angle.

A nice review from Cathy Horyn:
Yesterday, Phoebe Philo showed reporters and retailers a selection of clothes and accessories that will begin arriving in Celine stores in late November. It was the first glimpse here of Ms. Philo’s designs for the Paris-based company since she was hired last year. The low-key presentation was similar to one in Paris: a long rail of clothes in a Chelsea loft, with informal modeling, and Ms. Philo, dressed in olive fatigues, a black leather jacket and a putty silk blouse, chatting with small groups of guests. It was a smart way to introduce the collection—the isolated debut rather than the big Paris blowout. She’ll have a runway show in the fall.

In the years since Ms. Philo resigned from Chloé, to focus on her family in London, she’s had time to consider what’s relevant. “I’m also older,” she said yesterday. So are we. The central thing to know about her Celine clothes, which are terrific for a number of reasons, is that they reflect an every-day style. By that I mean they are clothes you want to wear every day, whether you work in an office or a gallery, part-time or at home. They answer the questions many women have about wanting to look good at work—appropriate—while still looking relaxed and casual. I’m not sure what Celine really means to American women, and I don’t really care, but I thought it interesting that Ms. Philo focused on sportswear—not dresses, not ball gowns, not girlish, what-do-I-do-with-this-now separates. She makes one of the strongest sportswear statements we’ve seen in some time.

Yesterday on the blog I mentioned the post Helmut Lang generation. I’m not entirely sure what I mean by that term. Good tailoring, to be sure. A sense of function and purpose. Haven’t these elements been missing in fashion? Well, I think Ms. Philo has come pretty close to providing a solution. I loved the versatility of her blouses, based on the square cut of a T-shirt—in compacted tweed, in silk crepe, in soft leather. I liked the classic boy cut of her trousers; they looked easy to wear and not ageist. A tuxedo jacket with navy lapels shown over a draped tie cream blouse and slim black trousers would look smashing on someone at the CFDA party on Monday night. (At least that was my thought.) It looked right for now, a reprieve from the Balmainia of ultra minidresses and chunky little boots. And I loved her version of the olive-denim slim skirt with zips and an army-inspired jacket—smart and tough and desirable. The clothes will be expensive: about $700 for trousers and silk T-shirts, with jackets in the $1,500 to $2,500 range. But if the production pieces are as well made as the samples—with that quality of stitching, proportion and details—then the clothes are worth the expense. Their value is to a large and almost novel degree in their practicality. If there was a fault in the selection presented it was in the thickness of some of the tweeds. But let’s see how things look at the end of the year, when Celine revamps its 100 or so stores. We’ll see a new advertising campaign next spring.
(runway.blogs.nytimes.com)

On the whole, I think I like it. There are some incredibly fantastic coats and jackets here.

I only wish the lighting and photography was better...it's so terrible and it's really distracting.
I agree, it's all about bad photography :doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->