Cellulite

Where does one get a brush for dry brushing or in the shower or wherever? Body Shop?

Meg said:
Where does one get a brush for dry brushing or in the shower or wherever? Body Shop?

Yes, the Body Shop would have them - I got mine in a chemist - Boots maybe, I can't remember. Mine is round with natural bristles and a wooden back with a canvas strap to put your hand through (it also has little rubber balls between the bristles for extra massaging). I use it in the shower as I prefer to do it when my legs are wet. Circular motions around your bottom and 'love handles' and then downward strokes down your thighs and legs- don't forget the backs of your legs also! It may make your legs a little red when you do it but this goes away after a couple of minutes so don't worry about doing it too roughly - you won't. I hope this helps :flower:

Also, the cup of warm water with a squeeze/slice of lemon first thing in the morning is perhaps the most wonderful 'beauty/heath' tip I've ever been given - instant detox, cleans out the system and helps weight loss. I can't recommend it enough.:wink:

I got my wooden brush in a shop like the body shop (they usually have a few types to chose from). I use it in the shower and dry when I'm watching TV or something - hope it will pay off.

For the people that have been using dry brushing, could you tell me how soon you noticed any results?

has anyone here been using the brush for a while? any payoffs? i love that i inherited my family's curvy legs, i hate that i inherited all that cellulite!:angry:

have anyone tried the slimming products by dior, ysl , clarins & other brands..?

do they really take centimeters away from your waist????

^Okey dokey, I will try to answer both questions. Taz: I've tried the celluli-choc stuff from Biotherm, and I'm just gonna cut and paste my review from another board:

I got this as a gift-card freebie from Sephora.com, I picked it out because of the word "choc" in it, not believing it would do anything for my cellulite, but hoping it would smell of chocolate! It smells of grapefruit, not chocolate, and though it has made the backs of my thighs as itchy as all hell, frighteningly enough, it seems to be taking my cellulite away. I apply it once a day after showering, for about a month now, and except for the hellacious itchiness, this stuff seems to be working. I have never bought into the whole "smear crap on your body in the vain hopes of ridding yourself of something over 90% of women have," I just wanted to smell like chocolate! Now I'm scratching like a hound, albeit a very sleek-thighed hound, and I'm not sure which is more unattractive: bumpy-***ed me without the uncontrollable urge to scratch myself in public, or reduced-cellulite me, with a furious itch that could be misconstrued as symptomatic of a social disease. Can't wait to actually shell out the $50 next time. That might cure me of this equivocation.

I never bought it again. I have bought alot of chocolate, though. Galler Noir 85% cacao, all the way from Belgium. I can walk to the store and get chocolate from Belgium! I just don't look at my *** so much. Problem solved. No more equivocating.

And Missoni-Heiress: Um, endermologie: I just had the new endermologist in the office where I work do a training session on me. I used to be the endermologist, but I couldn't do it anymore. I've never done well in jobs where I've got to interface with both machines and people simultaneously. Early aptitude tests pointed me to a career involving lots of squatting while tying knots in fishing line between my teeth. Once, that was a calling. Now, we must smile nice in someone's face while flourishing our fingers on a keypad: You want fries with that? Or, that report will be ready for the meeting at 3:00!

We have cellulite. This is serious.

The new endermologist is French and adorable. It's all for the best...the machine is French, and looks like something from the Matrix. Sleek and silvery, it's got all these vents and tubes and protruberences. When I do massage in the same room, I hide the machine behind a shoji screen because it scares the hell out of people who are expecting just the usual human touch. Or it just scares the hell out of me, and I don't like explaining what the machine is to my massage clients: It's for "skin health". It's for cellulite! It's for subcutaneous fear and loathing! It's for women self-conscious about their bumpy ***es and terrified of their inevitable decline and mortality! It will pulverize your flesh! It will weigh your heart like Anubis! You will feel good about this! You will pay for it!

You see why I hide it behind the screen.

So this day I get into a nylon body stocking to finally try the endermologie. The new endermologist rolls the vacuum-squeezer thing over my body-stockinged body. All the lateral bits of my body are okay with the sensation, which is best-likened to be being delicated pinched and hoovered by a scary-***, Matrix-looking sucking machine. Then she suck-o-squeezy vacs more medially, and were I tied down, oh what sublime tickle torture it would be. (I'm sure we could charge even more for that.) Alas, I'm not tied down. I want to kick this cute French girl across the room. (That costs more, too.) I don't do it. I breathe deeper at the tender parts. It actually feels good, but I'd still rather have a massage, because I prefer the human touch, and I've already found the Belgian chocolate cure for everything, anyway.

I can't not recommend endermologie. I performed it on others and have seen it work. It does increase circulation, flush the lymph and interstitial fluid, and break up the collagen fibers which cause the dimpled appearance of cellulite. Have at it! Feel good about yourself! Down to the bone!

Cheers!

Does anyone of you tried some products by Garnier? new roll-on? or something else?

Oh, and Tatika, I have an assortment of boars' bristle brushes which I never use consistently. Of course, I have a friend who swears by it.

Chocolate is the cure.

thanks for the tips gertie though I was reallly into drinking fresh squeezed lemon into hot water every morning for several weeks and didn't really notice anything. I thought also with dry brushing we are supposed to brush up not down?

thanks mellowdrama:flower: , I wonder if these products will show results on men's bellys???

taz said:
have anyone tried the slimming products by dior, ysl , clarins & other brands..?

do they really take centimeters away from your waist????

I can tell u that i tried tons of them,never finished as they never worked,but finally,i found THE SLIMMING products,I am combining that to my diet,in the morning i use "Slim Success" from "lancome" and in the night "Pucutafeine" from "Pierre Fabre",and I can tell u from my own experience they work for slimming and cellulite,I used to make diet before,but never resolved the problem of "oranges' skin" u know the cellulite,just tried to put "slim success" in one leg and not in other,and the difference was obvious and important just after one week of use,so now I am using it since 3weeks,and it smels so good:heart:

lol, thanx mellowdrama:flower: ... im miss my body at 17, it was my idea of ...perfection...:blush:

I have so much cellulite, a lot would get better with diet and exercise which i'm working on. But i have SO many stretch marks that I've lost all elasticity in my skin. so even when i lose 10 lbs, the skin will just be saggy.

I don't know what to do now.

I caved and bought some "celulite cream". I bought ROC "Retinol ant-cellulite modelling". I'm using it every night and morning, with some serious massage work. I'll post back in a week to let you know if there has been any changes.

What about fatgirlslim by Bliss? I've read a thing in a mag just wondering if anyone here has used it IRL?

Thanks Mellowdrama!

So, from your accounts of the cream and endermologie, could one conclude that the itching/tickling sensation is a good sign?

I get tickly/itchy thighs when I run, walk vigorously, take a hot bath, or massage with rollers...

Melisande said:
Thanks Mellowdrama!

So, from your accounts of the cream and endermologie, could one conclude that the itching/tickling sensation is a good sign?

I get tickly/itchy thighs when I run, walk vigorously, take a hot bath, or massage with rollers...
If the inability to keep one's hands off one's own *** in public places is a good sign, sure, great good fortune: It furthers one to use cellulite cream. I've resigned myself to keeping my mind off my own ***, and I cannot tickle my own thighs. Sweet limitation.

Remember the wisdom of Selsun Blue: this side tingles, this side---nothing. And do not underestimate the power of prayer. Watch the pattern of flight in a flock of birds. Scratch yourself. Hard. Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Adrianadrima
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->