Chains

H&M had some HUGE purple plastic chains 1-2 month ago..

* dont forget adding credits when posting your pics.. please??

i dont' like this trend. i like jewellery that's minimal and subtle, as opposed to loud and gaudy

Those crocheted MJ chains are sinfully expensive as well ... I think the shortest was $800+ ... perhaps if you get up close there's a little label ... "Crocheted by hand by the Mother of God" :innocent:

I've been noticing more chains as well too, but not as jewelry. I've been seeing it a lot in bags.

far too many chains popping up in ss06 collections, mainly in bags, belts and as necklaces..
promising to post pics.. :wink:

Chains, chains and chains

Who created the chain effect? now there are all these copies of chain style necklaces and chains in shirts or chain bags and especially chain necklaces.

Who originated this?
who are we copying?

Well ofcourse Chanel bags..and kate moss..and nicole richie..

I think it started with the huge bling & hiphop craze, when everyone had to have some thick chains hanging everywhere... and it was also big during the punk-rock craze. They've been kinda out of style for the past year, with the ladylike and vintage looks predominating, but this April, French Vogue featured a spread with thick chains, so they may make a comeback... What does everyone else think?

white trash? hip-hop singers?

goosh i don't know, i just know that they are quite hidious :D

its a huge street trend and also alive on the catwalks (chanel etc) so i dont think we are 'copying' anyone

due respect to all rappers & hiphoppers to hippies and mods who used chains before

I like wallet chains, I find them extremely functional. I can't tell you how many times I have gone to leave a store after paying for something and felt my wallet follow behind me. If it hadn't been chained to my pants I would have just left it behind. Plus chains done in a rocker style are hot. I'm not into the punk look though...

0a_1_b.JPG

That's a Dior shirt, found the picture on eBay.

The chains are coming back. Especially in the urban boroughs in which i live. Here in Queens alot of the stylish boys are wearing them. LIke today i have on True religions, an Ed Hardy tee, and Air Max95s, with a nice chain on the side of my waist. Great look.

I really like chain belts, necklaces, and wallet chains. The plastic ones are just awful, though. Do metal if you are going to wear them!

Hmmm... no. I think of sailboats and pirate ships when I see those huge chains. (Like slimy, rusty old chains that have been in the same place for two thousand years... sorry, I spent a lot of time at the harbor growing up ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jozwiakanja
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->