Chanel Cruise 2020 Paris

Amanda Sanchez is so chic! So elegant! I just love her...

A lot of these clothes look better when you see them up close in the video documentary - with all the rich detail work on the fabrics and trimmings, that should come as no surprise.

This being a Chanel resort collection, I am also not surprised to see more of the pastel side of Chanel that I never enjoyed and less of the strict and graphic black, white and silver with which Lagerfeld gave the Chanel look a more futuristic edge around the early 2000s when he shed so much weight for Hedi Slimane's Dior Homme suits. It will be interesting to see what part of the Chanel aesthetic Virginie Viard leans towards in her personal taste but I interpret her appointment as an intention to continue with the sellable product she already designed under Karl Lagerfeld for the previous decades (hence the reason this cruise collection does not look distinctly different from previous Chanel collections.

I do not like it. Sits too well in that older, slightly dowdy, used-to-be-chic, Ines de la Fressange, Vanessa Bruno, Sonia Rykiel by Jule de Libran, hyper cliche of Parisian chic.

Some of it is just outright bad. But hey, it's her first solo collection. So, I dunno.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuttinthru
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->