Chanel Makeup: What's good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
originally posted by kimkhuu
where did you get them?

For samples and small gifts, the best places to go in Paris are the Chanel counters in department stores Le Printemps, Galerie Lafayettes and Le Bon Marché.

umm FrenchCactus, i think she was asking me...kimkhuu, i got them at a department store in canada. they never do (big) giveaways like that here, so i was surprised! and also lucky since i happened to go in on that certain day! :magic:

Yesterday I had to buy a presee for a friend and while I was there already, I couldn't resist buying the new Chanel Quadra in Enigma.

Rich, rich colours. I'm already wearing them this morning, but couldn't master it in the fashion they were applied in the ad's model!!! :crush:

Does anyone in this thread have an idea on how to do apply them to achieve the model's look?!?!? Please!!! :rolleyes: ^_^

© beautycrazed.ca / chanel.com

^I think you have to take the crease colour pretty high up and then wing it out

Hi The_Ida, which one do you think it has been used on the crease?

My feeling is that the kakiish colour, top left, was used underneath and applied on top of it the brownish/purplish, bottom left!!!

But is always very difficult to tell because they are very well blend together! :unsure:

Vitalumiere Aqua visual is so pretty but I'm not crazy about the holiday look...

Hi The_Ida, which one do you think it has been used on the crease?

My feeling is that the kakiish colour, top left, was used underneath and applied on top of it the brownish/purplish, bottom left!!!

But is always very difficult to tell because they are very well blend together! :unsure:
I think you're right...I think I'd just use the khaki, it doesn't look like a lot of makeup on the visual, but it really is

EDIT: The dark purple-grey (bottom right) is def. in the crease and outer V, but I think it's layered on top of the bottom left colour. I think you could definitely go for the same shape as on the model, but maybe just use the khaki and the bottom left if you feel like it's too much

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Great video The_Ida, thank you for posting it!!! :flower:

I am still hopping to find out how was it applied on the campaign model though!!! :rolleyes:

I am still hopping to find out how was it applied on the campaign model though!!! :rolleyes:
She is doing the exact same look, except she uses the darkest shade as a liquid liner. On the visual it's just applied regularly and therefore it looks softer. Plus, the darkest shade isn't taken all the way along the lower lash line on the visual, it stops halfway.

Is the Soho collection available in Europe?
I NEED the Rouge Coco in Stunning!!

She is doing the exact same look, except she uses the darkest shade as a liquid liner. On the visual it's just applied regularly and therefore it looks softer. Plus, the darkest shade isn't taken all the way along the lower lash line on the visual, it stops halfway.

Thank you for the tips The_Ida. I'm going to give it a go tomorrow!! :flower:

Does chanel have any good powder foundations that has medium to full coverage but doesnt look powdery or cakey?

Does chanel have any good powder foundations that has medium to full coverage but doesnt look powdery or cakey?

When you like Matt, you can go for Mat Lumiere Powder Make-up... A light mat powder, feels like silk on your skin, medium coverage.

Otherwise try the Vitalumiere Powder Make-up, radiance in a powder texture. Fresh and a full coverage
^_^

I got the Chanel Stunt Rouge Allure Laque gloss as a gift a few days ago and I honestly thought it was a sample, it's so tiny. :ninja: But I love it, the colour looks great. Mine's a bit darker than the shade posted by tigerrouge, but maybe it's the lighting.

I also want to recommend the Inimitable Intense mascara in Noir. It's AMAZING and doesn't clump at all. I've gotten so many compliments already, it's really great. :blush:

So...is it really true that the lightest colour Vitalumiere comes in is 20? Because that is WAY too dark for me!

chanelvitalumiere20.jpg

Look how light my neck is compared to my face :blink: This is not what I expect from such an expensive brand at all. The foundation itself is perfect and so gorgeous on...if it matches your skin, that is.

^ The_Ida you have the prettiest face!!! It's true that, after you mentioning it, I noticed a difference between your neck and face. Anyway the overall impression I had was: flawless healthy looking skin, maybe ever so slightly sun kissed!!! I would go and buy the product after seeing your pict!!!:flower:

Don't if you're pale! At first I was thinking "Hey this is pretty good..." and then I looked at my jaw. :rofl: I wonder if it comes in 10 in Asia, does anyone know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paintnitelife
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->