Chanel Makeup: What's good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait wait wait...on Chanel's UK site Vitalumiere comes in 10, but I've been in every counter in my town, and 10 is nowhere to be found. In Germany, apparently, it doesn't come in 10 either. This is so strange. I really want it in 10 :cry:

So...is it really true that the lightest colour Vitalumiere comes in is 20? Because that is WAY too dark for me!

***Please don't quote images***

Look how light my neck is compared to my face :blink: This is not what I expect from such an expensive brand at all. The foundation itself is perfect and so gorgeous on...if it matches your skin, that is.

wowzers! beautiful!

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a shame, but the #5 and #10 are only in Asia to get. USA does sometimes have the #10 and #15.

For Europe the #20 is the lightest, but I know they are working on it. For now you only can lighten up with Blanc de Chanel.

The new Vitalumiere Aqua will be launched in same shades like the Vitalumiere Compact Powder Make-up. So I tought the #BA20 is the lightest, but more pink and not yellow toned... Give it a try, otherwise we have to wait...

The_Ida: Is shade 10 also named Limpide? It's for sale on the US website . . . I could order it for you if you can't find it anywhere else. I owe you for turning me on to Mario Badescu :smile:

It's a shame, but the #5 and #10 are only in Asia to get. USA does sometimes have the #10 and #15.

For Europe the #20 is the lightest, but I know they are working on it. For now you only can lighten up with Blanc de Chanel.

The new Vitalumiere Aqua will be launched in same shades like the Vitalumiere Compact Powder Make-up. So I tought the #BA20 is the lightest, but more pink and not yellow toned... Give it a try, otherwise we have to wait...
Thanks love! I really hope they'll get it soon, it is a great foundation (no wonder why the pixiwoo girls use it all the time). Oh, and have you tried the Vitalumiere Aqua out yet? :D

The_Ida: Is shade 10 also named Limpide? It's for sale on the US website . . . I could order it for you if you can't find it anywhere else. I owe you for turning me on to Mario Badescu :smile:
:lol: Thanks :D 10 is indeed named Limpide, I'm not sure whether it's pinky-toned or yellow-toned. It did seem that 20 would have matched me perfectly a month ago when I had a tan, and 20 is indeed yellow-toned.

This is such a hassle :lol:

Hello everybody! Does anyone here have any experiences with Chanel powder foundations? I am looking for one that gives medium to full coverage but that doesnt look cakey or powdery. Thanks :smile:

If you don't want it to look powdery then use a liquid foundation :lol:

Using a liquid foundation and then dusting a bit of powder works really well too. It sticks!

My favourite is the Joues Contraste in Fresque, really pretty peach :smile:

The Ida, for the longest time I have used 20 -Claire mixed with MAC Studio Fix Fluid NW15 to get something lighter but of course it does effect the consistency of the foundation. I do love the brightness Vitalumiere gives me as well.

Thanks so much Hanne for the link! So great to know you can get limpide here in the uk.

A review of a Rouge Allure on temptalia.com:

Chanel Confidentielle Rouge Allure Lipstick ($30.00 for 0.12 oz.) is a petal pink with a frost finish. It has very subtle micro-shimmer of gold and pink with a frost-gloss sheen. It’s nearly opaque, and it wears well, being part of the Rouge Allure family. It’s a new shade introduced alongside the new Extrait de Gloss line-up. It has a nice yellow undertone, making it a warmer pink, and more suitable for warmer complexions. It doesn’t lean too yellow, though, and will help brighten cooler complexions as well.

Rouge Allures have a slight rose scent, but I’ve found that the scent is usually subtle though occasionally a tube will have a more concentrated rose scent. (I’m not personally bothered by the scent, but those with more sensitive noses may want to check it out in person.) I wore this shade alone for five hours and a coffee, so it holds up with the rest of the Rouge Allure family in respect to wear.

I really thought I was going to find a plethora of dupes for this one, but warmer pinks are certainly a shade range that could use more options. I figured to find at least a few in the Spring Season, but nothing matched quite right to me. Between the medium-pink color and the yellow undertone, it was difficult to dupe.

The Ida, for the longest time I have used 20 -Claire mixed with MAC Studio Fix Fluid NW15 to get something lighter but of course it does effect the consistency of the foundation. I do love the brightness Vitalumiere gives me as well.

Thanks so much Hanne for the link! So great to know you can get limpide here in the uk.
I hate MAC foundations unfortunately...except Face&Body of course :lol:

Wooooooow. The Pulsion colour looks amazing. :shock: It's more of a Spring look though, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paintnitelife
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->