Chanel Makeup: What's good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks radioactive in the tube, but more wearable when on the lip (temptalia.com:(

Chanel Insolente (65) Rouge Allure Lipstick ($30.00 for 0.12 oz.) is brightened medium pink with subtle blue undertones. It has next to in noticeable shimmer but has a soft sheen. Like other Rouge Allures, it has opaque color, feels comfortable on the lips, and wears well. I typically get five to six hours of wear with brighter/deeper shades like this one. I wouldn’t describe the formula as overly creamy or moisturizing, but they never dry out my lips and always apply evenly and smoothly.

Chanel Spring 2011 Preview – Black Pearl

Posted on October 5, 2010
Thanks to the talented UK Manicurist Sophy Robson we have an up close and personal peek at what could be the next big Chanel nail color; Black Pearl.
chanel-black-pearl-spring-2010-le-vernis-499x302.jpg
This shot posted by French Vogue lets us in on the name of the polish but it’s Sophy’s TwitPic of one of the models that answers the bigger story. What is this color?

Based on this photo I’m seeing some green, oil spill tendencies in the color. Could this be a twist on Chanel Vert Sacrilege?
chanel-black-pearl-nail-polish-spring-2011-500x666.jpg
These images from Vogue UK shed some more light on the story. To me the color appears to have some gray-green leanings or a duo-chrome effect that would make sense of the “pearl” in its name. Regardless there’s definitely some green in this color. There has to be, right?
chanel-black-pearl-spring-2011-runway.jpg
chanel-black-pearl-le-vernis-spring-2011.jpg
chanel-black-pearl-spring-2011-le-vernis.jpg
alllacqeredup.com

A bit more from the SS show:

“It was clear that we would put the focus on the eyes,” Peter Philips said of the smoldering lids he conceived for the house’s Spring show yesterday, inspired by a Karl Lagerfeld sketch that was heavy on the smoke. The shadow Philips used backstage was more intricate than mere shades of layered obsidian pigments, though. “The color came from the black-white-green French garden that was re-created in the Grand Palais,” Philips, Chanel’s global creative director of makeup, told us. Hence the luminous, emerald-tinged onyx shade from the brand’s Les 4 Ombres Quadra Eye Shadow in Regard Perle that he dragged up to the brow bone and underneath the lower lash line. The resulting “glow” was meant to mimic the black, gray, and white pearls in the presentation’s bounty of costume jewelry.

Chanel’s Le Crayon Kohl eyeliner pencil in black and a few lashings of its mascara added drama to the look, which was softened by clean skin highlighted with touches of Chanel’s Poudre Lumiere Perlée, a finishing powder with a touch of shimmer. A “dewy” lip came courtesy of Rouge Coco Shine in Boy, a rosy pink. To add a graphic, unexpected element to the whole thing—a Philips signature that we appreciate season in and season out—the face painter drew a thin, precise black line down the lengths of hairstylist Sam McKnight’s middle parts with L’Ecriture de Chanel, its best-selling liquid pen liner (supers like Stella Tennant and Carmen Kass got side parts while longtime Lagerfeld muse Inès de le Fressange’s fringe and bob were left to their own devices). It’s a technique we already saw once this season at L’Wren Scott, where Aaron De Mey dusted vivid shadows onto models’ scalps, but the precision of Philips’ stark line had an entirely different, polished effect. Manicures with Chanel’s shimmering asphalt polish, Black Pearl—the new-for-spring cult color that you likely already want to own—added to the intrigue, which, for the record, managed to hold our attention as all 80-plus models worked the room.
style.com

I'm excited about Rouge Coco Shine & Poudre Lumiere Perlée :woot:

the SS11 look is just breathtakingly gorgeous.. or it could just be the model wearing it :blush:

I'm more excited to see this Spring collection than I am about the Christmas one!

black peal looks awesome

i saw paradoxal today for the first time i don't like it much

^ I'm wearing Paradoxal right now and it's not that bad, it goes with just about everything but it definitely doesn't look like what it does in the bottle. Hence the name, probs. :lol:

I have pale face, and brownish hair. What Chanel lipstick would you suggest?

Sneak Peek: Chanel Spring 2011 Makeup Collection

chanel_ss001.jpg

Photo by Vincent Lappartient
Chanel for Spring/Summer 2011

“Karl Lagerfeld showed me a sketch he had drawn of a girl with smoky eyes, so it was clear that we would put the focus on the eyes for this show. The inspiration for the color came from the black-white-green French garden that was recreated in the Grand Palais, from the glow that we can find in black, grey and white pearls, and the enamel that Karl integrated into the costume jewelry. I created deep, dark smoky eyes on a luminous fresh face with tinted, dewy lips. Nails were graphic and strong, and a thin black line was drawn in the hair.” – Peter Philips, Global Creative Director of CHANEL Makeup
The Complexion

• Skin prepared with HYDRAMAX + ACTIVE Nourishing Cream for Dry Skin
  • Pro Lumiere Professional Finish Makeup SPF 15
  • Poudre Universelle Libra Natural Finish Loose Powder
  • Eclat Lumiere Highlighter Face Pen
  • Correcteur Perfection Long Lasting Concealer
The Eyes

• Les 4 Ombres Quadra Eye Shadow in Regard Perle (Spring 2011, available January 2011)
  • Le Crayon Khol Intense Eye Pencil in Noir
  • Le Crayon Yeux Precision Eye Definer in Noir
  • Le Crayon Sourcils (August 2011)
  • Le Sourcil de Chanel Perfect Brows
  • Mascara Inimitable Waterproof in Noir
The Cheeks

• Joues Contraste Powder Blush in Espiegle (Spring 2011, available January 2011)
The Lips

• Rouge Coco Shine in Boy (April 2011)
The Nails

• Le Vernis Nail Colour in Black Pearl on hands (Spring 2011, available January 2011)
  • Le Vernis Nail Colour in Pearl Drop on the feet (Spring 2011, available January 2011)
See one more photo!

chanel_ss002.jpg
temptalia.com

^ that's a dramatic eye!!! Love it!!! :heart: Thank you for posting it!!!

I thought the eye was pretty but the shape is a little strange . . . it looks like they just smudged the eyeshadow around without considering the shape of the eye.

Taking the eyeshadow all the way up to the brow was all over SS11 I noticed...

How beautiful:wub:. Can't wait for spring:woot:.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paintnitelife
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->