Chanel Makeup: What's good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chanel is really just overpriced make up.. I mean its not exactly for those with sensitive skin if you know what I mean. Its overpriced just go and buy Loreal , Rimmel or Maxfactor

kristina_zhou said:
Chanel is really just overpriced make up.. I mean its not exactly for those with sensitive skin if you know what I mean. Its overpriced just go and buy Loreal , Rimmel or Maxfactor

I agree that it's overpriced, but that doesn't make it the same thing as any other drugstore brand. :huh: I especially couldn't buy my ivory eyeshadow from anybody else.

Does anyone have experience with their Pro Lumiere foundation?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the Pro Lumiere foundation. I LOVE IT!!! However, I only wear foundation for big nights out. It's very heavy, so it's not really appropriate in my opinion for daily use. It's also not the greatest for oily skin. But it is definately great foundation for evening skin tone and for pictures. My skin looks nearly flawless when I wear it.

Does anyone have the shimmery eyeshadow base? I can't remember what it's called, but when I got my "make-over" there the lady used it and I recall really liking it but didn't have enough $ at the time. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

jaimediane71 said:
Does anyone have the shimmery eyeshadow base? I can't remember what it's called, but when I got my "make-over" there the lady used it and I recall really liking it but didn't have enough $ at the time. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Their Ombre D'eau/Fluid Iridescent Eyeshadow shimmers and makes a good base.

Has anyone tried the Blanc or the Bronze Universel De Chanel (complexion enhancing illuminator)? I imagine it is pretty much like Clarins Beauty Flash Balm?

I think their makeup is okay. I have tried to use their things but it was nothing special. The only thing that I have kept was this hydrating lip thing and it works very well! It tastes a little like white wine too :lol:

jennifer~ said:
Does anyone have experience with their Pro Lumiere foundation?

I really like pro lumiere foundation I actually use it daily for work and going out whatever occasion it worls very well for me, I have quite well behaved skin, before pro I used vitalumiere by chanel which is nice if you have dry dry skin but its far too shiny and oily liquid for me.

I really like chanels foundations, powders perfumes and nail lacquers but otherwise it is not amazing and the skincare is far too strong.

my friend lauren however swears by chanel and uses nothing but, she always looks amazing but each to there own!

I've never bought any of their lipsticks before but I've had samples are they all scented ?

I love the iréelle soleil bronzer and flamme rose nailpolish :heart: 2 HG's

Has anyone tried the Toundra bronzer that Keira Knightley is wearing on the June US Vogue cover? How would you describe the color?

If I had to get just one of their nailpolishes, what would you suggest? I am going to treat myself. :smile:

Has anyone tried the Blanc or the Bronze Universel De Chanel (complexion enhancing illuminator)? I imagine it is pretty much like Clarins Beauty Flash Balm?

There is no comparison between Blanc Universel and Beauty Flash Balm, because Blanc Universel is infinitely better! I use it as a primer before applying my Teint Innocence Creme foundation, and it creates a perfect, porcelain base which enables foundation to perform better. You only neeed the tiniest amount and the tub lasts for ages. I had my makeup applied by a makeup artist, and I was absolutely amazed : the Blanc Universel and Teint Innocence didn't look like makeup, just like beautiful, perfect skin. I also bought the Silky blush in Pink Cloud, because all the products I tried looked so good! I am definitely a Chanel convert.

I've been getting really into Chanel makeup for the last few weeks and I'm loving it. I switched to Teint Innocence from Armani Luminous Silk foundation and I adore the coverage / look. I don't think my skin has looked better than it has with this foundation. It's got that perfect all natural glow look. Not too matte but not too shiny either and the color is just right. I adore it.

I have to say I think everything is good, I love them all. I'm currently in love with their A qualumiere glosses I wear them daily :smile:

Has anyone tried their concealers?

I think overall Chanel makeup is incredibly high quality. It caters to true makeup lovers though and is most useful for noticeable/evening makeup. My favorite products include their glossimers, exceptionnel mascaras, & eyeshadow quads. I've heard their skincare isn't great though and their foundations can be quite heavy for daytime.

I've been getting really into Chanel makeup for the last few weeks and I'm loving it. I switched to Teint Innocence from Armani Luminous Silk foundation and I adore the coverage / look. I don't think my skin has looked better than it has with this foundation. It's got that perfect all natural glow look. Not too matte but not too shiny either and the color is just right. I adore it.

that's so funny...
i also used LSF religiously since it came out, but tried teint innocence at the counter and really liked it, and now it's my daily foundation...
i have oily/combo skin, and even with the luminosity, i don't look like an oil slick...i have a nice "fresh skin" glow...

the matte version is nice as well...i use it for evenings...

I have sensitive skin and i use they foundation powder...and its amazing!! The best there is ...it is expensive but really worth it if u want an amazing foundation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kittyofsecrets
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->