Chanel Pre-Fall 2012 Paris

the HQ always looks better since it highlights the details of clothes

^ Thanks for posting the video, what a fun collection, i want to look at every detail for hours!

Is anyone going to even bother mentioning the cultural appropriation aspect of this collection? First off, I won't deny that this is truly a beautifully designed collection but I find that their is something unappealing about it. Mainly because Karl took inspiration from India yet he's never even been to India. So really he's taking inspiration from what he thinks is India vs what India is really like. Also, the fact that he harks back to the days when India was occupied by the British. Which weren't fantastic for the Indians. They were treated pretty crummy by the British yet here he is celebrating it in a way. I don't know if I'm overly reading into this but still... it bothers me.

This is just like the previous collections except with a new color/material scheme.. quite lazy

But it does have some really strong pieces that could make for interesting looks.

He obviously designed this collection focusing on his emerging arabian clientele.

$$$$ is what's on their mind.

Some beautiful pieces but others are traditional to the point where the orignal would look better.

And once again, poor Baptiste. Please run!

love that collection , some pieces are hideous but overall i really like it

when will it be available ??
i still don't get these collections things !!
isn't the 2011 fall coming in about months ??

I don't know if I'm overly reading into this but still... it bothers me.

I think you are. I don't think he's celebrating any kind of atrocities, or celebrating anything at all, really. He's interpreting Indian culture into the world of Chanel - and India's culture is rich, opulent, which was present long before the British occupied them. And it coincides with what Chanel is about.

I do understand it's kind of a far reach to be inspired by India and never actually being there, though.

i swear, Karl gets a DISGUSTINGLY huge amount of money for the shows. the table filled with food is what i want in my living room. refilled on a daily basis.

and to build that whole fcuking thing inside the Grand Palais, i'm out of words.

it looks so much more detailed and like so much more work than the previous shows there (that huge a$$ lion may be an exception...)

^ I literally didn't know this was in the Grand Palais - I was convinced it was in some historically-important building in Mumbai! :lol:
It's got to be one of my favourite Chanel sets ever.

if I was sitting in that audience, that plate of cookies would've been gone.

OMG I just noticed the Chanel logo in front of the train!

^ I literally didn't know this was in the Grand Palais - I was convinced it was in some historically-important building in Mumbai! :lol:
It's got to be one of my favourite Chanel sets ever.

i knew all along that it was in Paris, but i also thought that they might have found a building which they could use for the show. i never crossed my mind that they would build this whole freakin thing inside the Palais!

A lot of pieces are stunning. I love how he juxtaposes Indian silhouettes and embellishments with Western knits while incorporating a modern sense of style. Some of the pieces are formal, sophisticated, and yet so otherworldly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->