Chanel Cruise 2013 Versailles

It's hit or miss, as is any collection designed by Lagerfeld lately, but for the most part I enjoy it. I think ultramarine's description hit the nail on the head. The hair and makeup transform and enhance the clothes beautifully and obviously the set couldn't have provided any better background. At the moment, Chanel is on point. :crush:

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel like I never felt so sorry for Coco Chanel in my life, the poor woman must be rolling over in her grave.

Looks messy, overdone and mostly just plain ugly. While I can spot some nice classical-with-a-modern-twist pieces here and there, most of it is just ridiculous.

OMG!!!

This reminds me of Gaultier in the 90s!!!

Its like watching a twisted version of The fifth element! So futuristic yet retro yet 90s and SO french!

I absolutely adore it. To the tee! <3

i completely agree with this. as always, the runway styling does no favors for this collection, but it's clearly presenting something abrasive and uncomfortable as good fashion should. sure, the wide-legged pants and the creepers don't fall easily into current notions of chanel, but it achieved its effect of injecting a contemporary counter-cultural feeling into a collection that could've easily become too literal.

ol . I am shochked some pieces look just like Dior and the styling and theme weren't good excuted .
I think is the crisi,just horrible

Mixed feelings about this collection. I hate the shoes (creepers by Chanel, really?) and, honestly, most of the outfits. But on the other hand I like the hair and makeup- just because they're extraordinary and unconventional. The clothes' colors are great- especially the pastel blue shade. And the setting was prefect.

its very hit, miss, miss. For every good look several bad ones follow. That dress on Frida though is quite pretty as well as that blue leather marching band jacket

oh my! I must admit I REALLY like these accessories! specially the purse lindsey wixson wore, ok and all the rest...some of the pieces in this collection are slowly growing on me, minus those ceepers, never those creepers

And just when I think it couldn't get worse, I turn on the sound and it does.

What`s the point of showing in Versailles when you`re presenting shoes that wouldn`t even have been worthy of a New Jersey mall in the 90s!?! :sick:

3 dresses are ok but those fugly flatforms and the Kindergarten hair & make-up totally ruin the overall impression. They totally overshadow the good elements with their ugliness. :yuk:

I expect A LOT MORE from Karl!

I think the rococo reference makes perfect sense with 90's: the oppulence, the excess, glamour, sex show-off... It just went downhill because it is too darn literal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derpies
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->