Chanel Resort 2010 Venice

14530334.jpg

15350796.jpg

48768792.jpg

71471815.jpg

12925233.jpg

style

Thanks for all the pics everyone, I love the red dress Inguna is wearing and the second from last dress:heart: I can't say I'm a fan of some of the boots though:yuk:

i guess this is what the three models opening are channelling, no?

it would've looked cool with the bautas and all though! :lol:

maschere2.jpg

from comune.venezia.it

i like the collection a lot! to me, it targets the same kind of women that the paris-nyc collection did for prefall (this one is a tad more bling bling)

and i guess presenting it in the beach is just fine. as some people said, not only it brings back the good-old-days of the Lido, but also makes the presentation in venice possible. besides San Marco's square, there's no place where you could stage this and make it "feel" any more venetian than this.

It's hard not to think of Death In Venice by seeing the catwalk pictures... I thought about this reference even before I read the review posted earlier. The models all have Tadzio's hairstyle.

deathinvenice.jpg

teegardennash.com

And this is Tadzio's mother in the movie:

2372582432_cba5f72689.jpg

2371612681_5d37777275.jpg

2372582770_5b41a95a4c.jpg

The movie takes place in the 30s so of course everything is going to be 30s oriented in it, but I can't help thinking Lagerfeld may have used the movie as one of his references when creating this collection.

images from user Enrique del Pozo @ Flickr

Last edited by a moderator:
i thought the 'dressing room follies' video was really cool
the jazzy music was beautiful (anyone know who made it?)
but karl's comments are a bit creepy :-)

I quite like this, much better than the last Cruise collection that's for sure. But then again I tend to think Karl does some of his best work when he taps into the whole 20s/30s side of Chanel. For better or worse that's the era that defines the Chanel image, so it always just feels right. Plus it kind of forces Karl to hold back from his more baroque inclinations and the frou-frou prettiness that's become his go-to forumla. Tapping into the lean, clean, sinuous lines of that era seems to force him to concentrate more on line and drape rather than special effects.

Those red pieces, especially the long column dress, are knockouts.

My sentiments exactly....I think this may be his best Cruise collection to date...The one at LAX was my fave before, but this tops it IMO. There's this 20's sway to it that really attracts me to this collection and this interpretation of Chanel. I think it's better than FW0910 as well, but that's no surprise since I strongly disliked that collection.

Meh, isn't about time someone else give their interpretation of Chanel?

^not until Karl either dies or his vision doesn't sell anymore. until then, Karl it is :lol:

as a whole, this collection is very nice. some knockouts, some extremely bad looks, horrible shoes, with very very few exceptions. the hair goes perfectly with the looks and theme, so no issue here. if Karl would edit his collections better, we'd have a knockout collection. i mean, that white blouse with the frilly black stuff? really?

^ I agree.

I mean, this is Chanel: of course there will be some outstanding dresses and looks. But overall, the collection seems insignificant, tired and 'dusty', like some extra stuff that were rejected from the previous shows, and then Karl decided to put those loser looks together to make a collection... he says that this collection was inspired by, or an ode to, the great Italian craftsmanship, fashion techniques, or something to that effect, but I do not see anything taht particularly different here than some stuff he shows over at some Paris show.

It feels like he was not that inspired this time: not by the city or the current climate. Maybe he is depressed about the economy, because some of these clothes ae exactly that - a little depressed.

The shoes are laughable, the hair I do not mind.

maybe Erdem's Cruise is actually better. I mean I LOVE the Japon dresses sooo exotic it makes the Chanel Cruise seem kitsch.... But still likes some long dresses.

Make up - what is that nail polish color used at Chanel Cruise?? Is it a new color? would really love to know!!!

After party picture!!!!!! saw a few on style.com but there were only 18 so could we make a new forum for a lot of after party pics? id love to see what people wear and with whom they are asociated.

I do LOVE the hommage to Thomas Mann Death in Venice, of course!!!!

Where are the FRONT ROW & BACKSTAGE pictures & AFTER PARTY????

a show is only complete when its all revealed!!

Last edited by a moderator:
some pieces are really ugly..only some rich b*tches without taste will buy some...
last collection,the one put on Anja Rubik is just like baby suit in large size..lol,totally misunderstood what the hell....
and this collection,i don't get it...anyway,chanel needs money

A side note that kind of bugs me, in the style.com review, Sarah Mower seems to almost compliment Karl for putting on an extravagant show (It was gorgeous) and reminding people of the spectacle of the fashion show. Yet when other designers do it (that are perhaps not such big money advertising clients?) it is said to be out of touch with the recessionary times, or maybe taking away from the clothes? It bugs me that sometimes some designers can do no wrong!

That being said I personally LOVE the setting and the look of the show, though think some of the looks leave a lot to be desired, as someone else said, sometimes he really needs to edit

^ huh I studied media and it is always good to make a SPECTACLE and there fore always make a fashion SHOW. This attracts a lot of crowds and gives something mystical to what is presented.

In the old days kings used to make such parades trough cities it was a spectacle attracting lots of crowds and this only helped to gain more popularity for the king. so dont say a spectacle is wrong in media if you want to sell something etc it is good!

A side note that kind of bugs me, in the style.com review, Sarah Mower seems to almost compliment Karl for putting on an extravagant show (It was gorgeous) and reminding people of the spectacle of the fashion show. Yet when other designers do it (that are perhaps not such big money advertising clients?) it is said to be out of touch with the recessionary times, or maybe taking away from the clothes? It bugs me that sometimes some designers can do no wrong!

Don't get me started on that b-tch.

I absolutely loathe her: how condescending she talks about certain designers like Donatella etc. She speaks about her as if Donatella is just learning how to design; guess what: the woman is running a billion dollar empire after all that company and herself went through, and turning in more and more profits season after season.

Mower is such an ***-kiss to people like Karl. She used to write horrid things about Alessandra when she was at Gucci. She murdered her very last collection, which was ten times better and chic-er than anything we see today, btw. And then Gucci paid her to put together that Gucci by Gucci book and now, Frida is conveniently her favorite designer. She even claimed that Frida was a 'great designer' after some another God-awful show she put out - like as always. I do not trust her honesty, vision or insights, plus, she is too outdated as a fashion-journalist to write anything relevant today. Also, a quite repulsive person if you ever heard her speak.

Leave it to Horyn, Menkes etc. to hear about what is really going on in the fashion world. Mower is beneath contempt in every way. Karl may be a god, but not everything he puts out there is that great. She always praises him, and there is no point to read any of her style.com coverage, because you know exactly what she is going to say by just looking at the name of the designer. Karl and Miuccia are the greatest things since sliced bread, the rest are different levels of passable. Lame.

I just love how Karl and Chanel rattle on with their stupendous shows, movies, commercials, parties, sponsorships...Amazing- they make so much money, stay so exclusive and in many cases can not meet the demand for even the most basic items- they are really in a class by themselves, being privately owned and all and spending whatever they please, which is obviously good for business...While others feel the heat- Karl stand alone!! B) I do worry a bit about the future, however...Karl is no kid, and, can you think of anyone else who could step in and do eight collections and God knows how many other products a year? I can't...Maybe Tom Ford in his prime, but otherwise... :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ze bicho
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->