Chanel Resort 2010 Venice

We always have HC pics just after the show too.

I guess we'll have to wait for the Catwalking...

Just got here...

Maybe WWD will have the pictures first like they did for P-M?

karl_blog1.jpg

Not even the all-powerful Chanel can conquer some of Venice’s quirky attributes: namely, its lackadaisical schedule and its swarms of mosquitoes. At a lavish dinner at the Westin Europa & Regina hotel on the Grand Canal last night, Karl Lagerfeld and his entourage (handsome boys, his supermodel favorites, sundry staff) showed up a full two hours late. It seems that fittings for tonight’s show and prepping for a Piazza San Marco fashion shoot with Lara Stone that he was planning to squeeze in this morning took longer than expected in this slow-paced town, where the only transportation is motorboat. Not that anyone minded: Editors from all four corners of the globe were equally pleased with the romantic setting, and happily gave the Kaiser—seen here with Chanel face Anna Mouglalis—a standing ovation when he made his powdered and ponytailed arrival. Lagerfeld’s muse, however, was having a harder time: Lady Amanda Harlech had been stung in the eye by a pesky mosquito the night before, giving her a sort of permanent wink. “You have no idea…” she sighed of the timing. But a good muse doesn’t let a little thing like a mosquito bite keep her down: “Draw the attention away from the eye!” she teased with a grand sweep of her black Chanel cape. Check back tomorrow for pics from the Resort show, which Lagerfeld revealed would be reminiscent of Peggy Guggenheim, the patron whose Palazzo Venier dei Leoni now houses Italy’s most important collection of twentieth-century art.
—Derek Blasberg
style.com

.. waiting patiently :ninja:

<<EDIT: Sethii was a minute faster!>>

Peggy Guggenheim! Yes!

Last edited by a moderator:
The show has started and finished and I am desperate for some pictures:shock:

Whoa! Not what I was expecting! (I don't like this first look, but the one behind it looks alright...)

"Chanel show in Venice: Out. Of. This. World. On the beach boardwalk, in Peggy Guggenheim wigs, non-stop resort decadence. What recession?"

Derek Blasberg @ Twitter

the show was beautiful!!! it was on the beach at sunset. amazing.

Heidi Mount @ Twitter

"Only Lagerfeld could combine Fellini, Visconti and Pasolini on a beach– a real-life rondo veneziano at the Chanel No.5 party in Venice."

The Moment @ Twiiter

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->