Chanel - The All-Things Chanel Thread

Lily and Lana both made great music, had genuine personal style and were an actual influence on the way girls dressed in their respective breakout eras, and also wear Chanel with a sense of humour- they're far more suitable Chanel ambassadors than some other celebrities Karl hired to front campaigns.

I mean, there are reports of Chanel staff complaining that one of those other celebrities was too downmarket (in Emily in Paris terms I think we would say ringarde) to represent the brand. I don't see that happening for Lana because while she did embrace the look of downmarket, there's still a sense of irony to it.

I never have an opinion on celebs for fashion brands cause I could not care less and it’s pure strategy, but I could have never imagined Lana for Chanel tbh.

It’s very Gen Z I think. Maybe that’s why? I actually don’t have anything at all against her and like some of her music, but it’s very weird.

Lana would be a good ambassador. Millennials give her a lot of grace, and Gen Z is obsessed with her now. But I guess it all depends on how the new Creative Director will lead, because fortunately and unfortunately, the Chanel girl can be a lot of things.

Lana would be a good ambassador. Millennials give her a lot of grace, and Gen Z is obsessed with her now. But I guess it all depends on how the new Creative Director will lead, because fortunately and unfortunately, the Chanel girl can be a lot of things.
Can it? Gen Z by now is not supposed to have the wealth to wear Chanel RTW yet ("Fashion"...not accessories but RTW and Couture). And their taste, while spending parents' money, is very different from the mature working women and mothers. Chanel got into this situation, IMHO, from catering too much into demand from GenZ who love to wear logo tshirts. It's like a sugar high...while revenue enjoyed such a boost, the brand was tarnished somewhat, to the detriment of its long term prestige and success.
So, before they hire a permanent CD, are they willing to dig in and invest more into the GenZ market?

genZ other than the popular youtubers are usualy quite broke.... so not exactly the best market. its like having kpop stars as brand ambassadors without getting the sales results they hoped long-term.

Can it? Gen Z by now is not supposed to have the wealth to wear Chanel RTW yet ("Fashion"...not accessories but RTW and Couture). And their taste, while spending parents' money, is very different from the mature working women and mothers. Chanel got into this situation, IMHO, from catering too much into demand from GenZ who love to wear logo tshirts. It's like a sugar high...while revenue enjoyed such a boost, the brand was tarnished somewhat, to the detriment of its long term prestige and success.
So, before they hire a permanent CD, are they willing to dig in and invest more into the GenZ market?

You don't need all of Gen Z to buy it, just the wealthy part will be enough. Chanel can and should still be aspirational to every demographic because it's that kind of house, you know? At least is my opinion

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->