Chemena Kamali - Designer, Creative Director of Chloé

Thank God they replaced Gabi with someone competent. I hope Kamali is going to produce beautiful, lush clothing, just like those two collections she designed for Lanvin (but maybe not as strong in the 80s' aesthetic, please).

Funny enough, I liked that collection. It was nothing next to Alber's 14 years, but it was a solid, well designed offering.
I guess it’s a matter of taste, I find it to be not only over styled, but also poorly executed and overall, cheap, old and terribly cut.
But maybe it’s Alber’s curse, as nobody has ever been able to fill his shoes.
Back to her.
As much as I want to be supportive of a woman designer these days I am very skeptical of richemont ability to turn around this severely damaged sleeping beauty.
Let’s see

I guess it’s a matter of taste, I find it to be not only over styled, but also poorly executed and overall, cheap, old and terribly cut.

I know, it was TERRIBLE. It’s so weird no one mentioned that she was at Lanvin.

Hope she does better for Chloé.

I find it interesting that she mentioned Gaby Aghion and Karl in her statement.
I wonder if it’s an indication on the direction she will take…

I like that they went back to someone who knows the house and that will be able to help Chloe get back to it roots.

Regarding the mention of her stint at Lanvin, I think it’s a matter of news outlets. Le Monde definitely mentioned the fact that she was there.

I also find interesting that she was a consultant for FRAME.

She definitely has the kind of resume that is potent enough for Chloe.

This could be interesting, both Saint Laurent and Chloe under PP and CWK is a pretty solid backing but let’s hope she has moved on from whatever vibe she was in when she did that Lanvin gig.

I guess anything at this point is a step up from whatever Gabriela was putting out.

If Chemena Kamali is half as talented as Norma Kamali , Chloe is in good hands

Is this a real deal or just a rumor?? Was hoping they would het Stella McCartney back in Chloe :-((((

Is she related to Norma Kamali?

I think it's just Ann-Catherine Lacroix & Christian Lacroix...lol

Anyway best luck to Ms Kamali! I always have a soft spot for Chloe and for me this is the ultimate Parisian brand. Also I am so happy that we don't have see ponchos on the runway....lol

It seems like Kamali is planning on taking Chloé in a more 70s/80s, opulent, glamourous direction:

While the designs are from Hearst's RE24 collection, the styling and art direction of the recent campaign contrast very strongly to Hearst's aesthetic which was very puritan, rustic, nature-focused aesthetic.

The first photo on the couch was a little promising, but then it kind of went downhill.

I think a little bit of the late 70’s/early 80’s glam is not a bad direction to take Chloe after the muesli mess of Gabriella’s useless tenure, however…as with everything these days, it’s like…why not push it?! GO THERE! COMMIT! BE DARING! I don’t love that these ultimately look like a very timid party of shy girls.

The clothes and accessories are not from Chemena.
I think this campaign is an in between to prepare the customer to the new Chloé era which may be indeed be different than what Hearst did.
Can't wait to see her first show !

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ponyproductions
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->