Chemena Kamali - Designer, Creative Director of Chloé

I also don't think Chemena had anything to do with this campaign, it's still a festive collection from Hearst, related to resort 24, and I guess she tried to create a one nice-ish set of visuals. Kamali's debut is in January with the pre-fall collection.

^ Because Karl's looks were part of the exhibition at MET. It's as simple as that, they're trying to snatch some part of the hype.
Honestly, there are worse things they could do as a buffer.

Ahah I think Chemena Kamali will do some vaguely ‘80 old vaccarello Saint Laurent but less sexy and more shapeless jellyfishey flou like the time with CWK and what she showed at Lanvin which is ultimately where I suppose her heart stands.
Accessory wise I hope she is relying on a very solid vision because bags at Chloe haven’t been desirable in a long while.
I am curious to see how much Richemont will invest on communication, I think it will be key. I am very curious to see who will style it, I think they need the eye of someone super strong and experimented and with head on the shoulder.
I suppose that with the depart of Bellini the whole sustainable system will be thrown out of the window to bring to the clients a more affordable product, if they don’t do any of these three I doubt Chloe’s new experiment will work at all.

Ahah I think Chemena Kamali will do some vaguely ‘80 old vaccarello Saint Laurent but less sexy and more shapeless jellyfishey flou like the time with CWK and what she showed at Lanvin which is ultimately where I suppose her heart stands.
Accessory wise I hope she is relying on a very solid vision because bags at Chloe haven’t been desirable in a long while.
I am curious to see how much Richemont will invest on communication, I think it will be key. I am very curious to see who will style it, I think they need the eye of someone super strong and experimented and with head on the shoulder.
I suppose that with the depart of Bellini the whole sustainable system will be thrown out of the window to bring to the clients a more affordable product, if they don’t do any of these three I doubt Chloe’s new experiment will work at all.
I heard a rumour that Lotta is styling.

Well she got some free space since she got off the gig at Blumarine and since she does miu miu she must sought after, but I don’t see her at Chloe at all.. she has a cold and grotesque identity, only a twisted master intellectual femme like Miuccia can convey sensuality with Lotta in the mixture.
🥶 bold, but I don’t see the point

It's becoming obvious that the rustic, hippie look isn't working anymore. Chloe needs electricity and excitement again. Of course they need desirable bags, but their success will depend on the appeal of Chloe's brand image, especially at a luxury price point. Discarding of the sustainability strategy would be a bad idea. Chloe is the only major luxury fashion brand to be a certified B-Corporation and would to be very smart of use that title to their advantage.
Well she got some free space since she got off the gig at Blumarine and since she does miu miu she must sought after, but I don’t see her at Chloe at all.. she has a cold and grotesque identity, only a twisted master intellectual femme like Miuccia can convey sensuality with Lotta in the mixture.
🥶 bold, but I don’t see the point
Lotta does have that creative credability and editorial pull Chloe desparately needs, that said, it doesn't always promise sales. Brognano's Blumarine had the added cache of Lotta Volkova, Harley Weir and Petra Collins, along with the adjacent rise (and fall) of Y2K aesthetics in pop culture, but it never translated into actual sales.

What does certified b even mean.

Casual googling revealed they certified Nestle. So we can just toss that right out the window. B Corp means nothing with Nestle and Danone certified as one.

Last edited:
What does certified b even mean.

Casual googling revealed they certified Nestle. So we can just toss that right out the window. B Corp means nothing with Nestle and Danone certified as one.
It’s just greenwashing: it’s a bit rich from Richemont, built with apartheid and tobacco money.

It's becoming obvious that the rustic, hippie look isn't working anymore. Chloe needs electricity and excitement again. Of course they need desirable bags, but their success will depend on the appeal of Chloe's brand image, especially at a luxury price point. Discarding of the sustainability strategy would be a bad idea. Chloe is the only major luxury fashion brand to be a certified B-Corporation and would to be very smart of use that title to their advantage.

Lotta does have that creative credability and editorial pull Chloe desparately needs, that said, it doesn't always promise sales. Brognano's Blumarine had the added cache of Lotta Volkova, Harley Weir and Petra Collins, along with the adjacent rise (and fall) of Y2K aesthetics in pop culture, but it never translated into actual sales.
Very hard to ditch the Rustic hippie approach and keep the b corp label! It literally means you can’t use cotton, most silk, certain wools, viscose any synthetics, can’t work with with suppliers that are dislocated (ex Japan, India) can’t control fabrics finishing a etc.. you end up with a rather raw, fragile, expensively and rarely durable material. Rustic chic

That campaign has nothing to do with Chemena. They are all Gabriela Hearst products.

Gabi's wonderful creative direction has been erased from Chloé's instagram page. They also changed the logo to the archival, Lagerfeld-era one.

Gabi's wonderful creative direction has been erased from Chloé's instagram page. They also changed the logo to the archival, Lagerfeld-era one.
The new (old) logo:
IMG_20240122_124138.jpg
The previous logo:
IMG_20240122_124203.jpg
Source: Instagram

I hate this when-there-is-a-new-CD-coming-then-delete-everything touch but this time I am OK. There were too much knitwear items..and those ugly ponchos!!!!!

I liked the previous logo but if she is going back to the Karl days, I’m ok with it!
She has good taste.

I hate this when-there-is-a-new-CD-coming-then-delete-everything touch but this time I am OK. There were too much knitwear items..and those ugly ponchos!!!!!
I personally don't mind it. It makes more sense, especially if the new CD has a different vision to the previous one. I wonder who actually started that trend (probably Hedi).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trashmagic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->