Pieter Mulier - Designer, Creative Director of Alaïa

Love this racism towards whites.

And what moules frites have you been having? Certainly more flavorful than most couscous...
i am white ....lol ..... now i wonder what couscous you had that was so bland ?:-)

I don’t like Peter’s Alaïa anyway lol. I bought an Alaïa dress earlier this year but it was the styles of Azzedine that are still renewing (thank god).
I personally think that across a lot of brands, people forget that the essence is the woman/man.
I have a lot of girlfriends who loves new Alaïa. For me, something is missing and it’s the idea of a woman. Making very impressive sexy clothes is not interesting to me.

I wish designers though more about the women or men they are dressing, the intention of the founders and things like that. There’s always a duality.

Naomi Campbell is not a good dresser but she never looked bad in Alaïa. She started to look questionable in Alaïa when Pieter joined.

I want to like his work because he seems very likeable but I can’t. It’s just too hard lol
Oh i am sure Peter is adorable .i agree ..but just observing the final work and the idea or intention and like you said it's just hard and not for the body but more concept put on the body..........i think also Raf suffers from this especially doing women's clothes and why Calvin failed because he can't do culture well for that you need warmth and humanity kate moss naked on sofa or marky mark etc ck one the contrast to the concept of clothing on body that Calvin did (i think not wanting to overthink every part and be hung up on concept recipe )

BV by Mathieu reminds me also of this CK Raf era its cold and even if he pushes craft its analytical

Alaia give woman a body and also on a social level power .....Peter's version is just concept and look there is no vibration of struggle to find answers for the woman of today that Alaia addressed so well many years dressing her brain not just look /skin.

And for me its has to do this time with lack of spice in culture , Azzedine had the clash of the cultures Peter stays comfortable on on side....very white eurocentric hiding behind ideas high culture approach to design as solutions for Alaia..... great for cars and furniture or designing airports but less so for Alaia.

He just overworks it. Even in simple outfits the silhouettes feel tortured. I find those pants on Naomi such a bad idea. I don’t know why, but it reminds me of iris van herpen.
I’m sure he’s a nice guy, but I don’t see his appeal as a designer.
Iris another one that's so on concept Dutch and Belgian designers come all from the same school of the concept / the idea...religiously sticking to it with no added spice ..... Belgian tend to have bit more grit or warth in the outcome see Dries or Margiela because of french influences in culture etc but the base is the same tackle the design with an concept and make the solution/finding clear .

Even Demna that study there you can see the cold and hardness as always sticking to the concept , even his academy show you still see and sense the same hardness that is still in his clothes.

If you make pants that make Naomi look like a female version of Monsieur Bibendum...then you are clearly a disaster as a designer (even worse if you are at Alaïa)!

BmUDzT5CUAAsPl3.jpg

twimg.com

Alaïa show tonight at the Guggenheim in NYC:
20:30pm (NY time)
02:30am (Paris time)

The show film will be uploaded tomorrow.

Alaïa show tonight at the Guggenheim in NYC:
20:30pm (NY time)
02:30am (Paris time)

The show film will be uploaded tomorrow.

Here comes an ultra-arty collection which has nothing to do with Alaïa...as usual!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dafraz117
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->