Chick by Nicky Hilton

scblonndie said:
Did you sell your house and move to Isreal with some man you met in Las Vegas a week prior?:innocent:

WHY YES..!!! :shock:

:angry: :angry: :angry: Yet another narcisstic celebrity line. how long..HOW LONG before the masses realize that these self absorbed people have NO talent! I mean honestly, when P. Diddy came out with a line I looked the other way, didnt really care. When JLO came out with a line a gave a small grimace. When Eminem started making clothes I almost puked. And then...AND THEN the sh*t fashion house to end all sh*t houses, SERENA WILLIAMS COMES OUT WITH A HER OWN FASHION LINE!:censored: :censored: I mean am I missing something here? Who wants to look like Serena Williams even on her BEST day? I saw her today on Oprah and she was wearing this little bo-peepesque dress and her bisceps her threatening to bust through along with her great he-man toosh!:sick: If she cant dress herself i sure as crap aint lettin' her dress me. Maybe someone should remind her that the only reason shes famous is because she has muscle strength that most men have to inject steroids up their arses for! :shock: Jeez, it just goes along with our celeb crazed culture. Very few new celebrities have any formidable talent and seem more concerned with praising themselves in every way shape and form conceivable. Its all part of our quick pleasure and release culture. Do you really think any of these lines are going to be around after their celebrity owners fall from grace? No. And you know its ironic really, stars' fashion sense keeps getting fuglier and fuglier and back in the day of glamorous hollywood when people dressed with dignity and TRUE style none of them had fashion houses in their name. Now every Jo Bob and Betty thats been on reality TV or has a famous last name can start a line. When will it stop or be stopped?:yuk: :yuk:

Well Nicky did have a formal fashion training...but I wonder if she learned anything...

Foxie-Pooh said:
Well Nicky did have a formal fashion training...but I wonder if she learned anything...

to be honest... i'd have to say not.. :ninja:

I could cut better than this and I haven't had any formal training...

NHiltonBLazerLighweb.jpg

You know, I'm kinda torn. Because I know everyone's got to start somewhere, and probably she didn't start sewing until she got to college.

However.

I didn't start sewing until I was in college, either. I was 19 when I really started making my own clothes, and 22 when I made:
1880fullf.jpg
this dress, which I designed, drafted, cut, and sewed, using photos of real, early 1880s fashions for reference.

A BIG part of the reason that I have not really pursued creating a "line" is because I am a terrible perfectionist, and could not see myself turning out 50 not-so-great sundresses at a whack when I can do just one really special item and have it be exactly the way I want it to be.

And you know, there's nothing wrong with being a designer who can't sew. Dior couldn't sew. Worth couldn't sew. Apparently Barbar Hulanicki's early work sucked this bad. However, if you aren't good at something, especially something so fundamental to marketing your work as good workmanship is, it is essential that you partner up with somebody who has the skills you lack. I know in my case, I've done toile work for designers before who could design, but couldn't draft or sew well. They had the marketing chops that I lack, whereas I had the handicraft end tied down.

I know if I were a buyer looking at her "collection," I'd roll my eyes so hard they'd fall out of my head. She really should have asked one of her friends who had a good hand with a sewing machine and a pair of shears to help her get this stuff together. In theory the blazer's kind of cute, but it just doesn't look that good on a living human body.

Plastic'sWife said:
wow! that looks trashy- especially with those two little nipples peering at us!

:rofl: :clap: :lol: Too funny, I thought exactly that!!!! Aren't these shirts directed at younger girls?!?! Nothing says youthful innocence like two nipples...:huh: :shock:

Oh my....This is really really bad... I expected it too be bad when I saw the title of this topic. But this is horrible....the prints on that pair of jeans is unimaginably bad, just eww...

the thing that pisses me off the most isnt the fact that she has awful taste and decide to sell these hideous clothes
its the fact that shes making more money that i would by selling her name on them :sick:

I couldnt have said it better myself monacocouture!!!!! I think that
As You Like It- has it right, if you cant sew, find someone who can. I dont care how new she is, those jeans are not flattering, the jacket was an "o.k." idea the shrunken jacket has been done so many times and she probably owns so many of them you would think that she would at least know how its supposed to fit. You cant try to hide lack of sewing skills by calling it creativity. Its one thing if she just sewed it and kept it, but to do such a horrible job and try to sell it!!! come on now.
I feel bad for her because that means that the people around her dont have enough gumption (sp?) {who says that word anyways?} to tell her that it sucked.
She has to realize that because shes rich people will agree with anything

Oh my word it gets worse!!!!!!
IM_CH_17001-WHT_Front.jpg

It looks like someone has an affinity for spray paint cans and stencils.

Yeah the handbags are not too bad (only the ones without the 7 on them...I hate the 7 ones) This clothing line is nauseating. She doesn't have too bad of taste for herself, although skanky at times, but better than Paris. You would think Nicky would look her own line and say...there is no way I would wear this. It is just all wrong.

"Chick" By Nicky Hilton Fashion Show at the Pure Nightclub at Caesars Palace August 30, 2005 in Las Vegas, Nevada. (Photo by Ethan Miller/Getty Images)

bgskyr.jpg

bgslg8.jpg

bgso7m.jpg

bgsoc2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NMjunior
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"