Chloé "Love Story" Fragrance: Clémence Poésy

*Bianca*

Reaction score
N56O0Kk.jpg

Coty and Chloé compose a new Parisian Love Story
Source: ©The Moodie Report
By Rebecca Mann, Executive Director - Editorial

As revealed by The Moodie Report’s Twitter and Instagram feeds, yesterday in Paris Coty unveiled the new pillar fragrance from the house of Chloé. Love Story Eau de Parfum will be introduced to travel retail worldwide at the end of September.

Coty has high hopes for its latest scent, the work of leading nose Anne Flipo – who is making her fragrance debut for the group.

“Love Story will be a second pillar for Chloé, alongside the successful signature edp,” Coty Prestige Marketing Director Travel Retail and Export Worldwide Markus Stauss told The Moodie Report. “It will be launched into the current Chloé travel retail distribution, which is more than 2,000 doors…We will support the launch with a number of HPPs in key airport locations.”

The bigger picture involves boosting the Chloé fragrance brand to a top five position globally, from its current 10-15 ranking (Europe). “We are still number one on the Japanese local market,” Stauss confirmed. “Asian consumers are big fans of the brand, and its Parisian heritage. When they travel, they like to buy it as a souvenir of Paris. There is a strong link to the city and the idea of French chic.”

Coty will continue to capitalise on that connection with the launch of Love Story, which was inspired by the “love-locks” of the Pont des Arts, a Parisian bridge now extensively decorated with padlocks, which are engraved with the names or initials of couples, who then throw the padlock key into the River Seine below, in a gesture said to represent their love and commitment.

Both the flacon and the ad campaign reference the bridge’s (and the Chloé brand’s) famous padlocks; the latter within the context of a whirlwind Parisian romance. The Love Story bottle, which incorporates the brand’s signature “pleated” glass, is subtly shaped like a padlock. The arch is adorned with a narrow blush ribbon. The outer carton is white with gold lettering.

Yesterday’s launch event shadowed several of the locations featured in the ad campaign, including the Pont des Arts, a rooftop party venue and the city’s picturesque (and recently renamed) Marché aux Fleurs Reine Elizabeth II, on Place Louis Lépine. Transport took the form of vintage convertible Citroen 2CVs and a boat along the River Seine.

“We wanted to tell a new story about Paris and romance,” explained Coty Prestige Group Vice President Marketing Balenciaga, Chloé and Roberto Cavalli Caroline Javoy, of the ad campaign. “We also wanted to show the ‘insider’ side of Paris, and where real Parisians go.”

The TV ad was directed by Mélanie Laurent, and features music performed by Vanessa Paradis. The fragrance face is French actress Clémence Poésy, one of a trio who fronted the signature Chloé Eau de Parfum, launched in 2008.

“We chose Clémence because she perfectly embodies the Chloé brand,” Javoy noted. “She is natural, graceful, modern and spirited.” She concluded: “As with everything the Chloé brand does, this new fragrance is a story of women, by women, for women.”
themoodiereport.com

What a lovely, romantic and vulnerable image!
Clémence looks divine, gorgeous ad by Chloé!
Who shot it? Sims? Luchford?

I like the setting, but I never got her appeal.

I think she's beautiful personally, so whilst she may not have any appeal to you, I'm all in.

Not to overly excited about this but it looks nice and Clémence looks pretty here.

I love the idea and the sentiment behind the perfume and I'm excited to see what it smells like. I love the signature Chloé scent, it's what I wear every day. And in fact, I remember when Clemence was one of the models for that perfume, it was that advert that caught my attention and originally got me interested in the scent. I think this perfume bottle looks gorgeous bit I'm not so crazy about the advertisement itself. It is pretty but doesn't really capture my attention, not like her original ad for the company did. But I'm looking forward to see what the tv advert is like, it is so cool that it features the work of three very chic French women; Clemence, Melanie, and Vanessa!

This is a beautiful campaign but I just don't get this girl. And gosh the name is kind of lame I would say.

She's perfect for the brand! Love the image, especially the left part of her back to the camera!:heart:

photoshop disaster around the bum/waist area......

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patda02
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->