• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Christian Dior Cruise 2006

i wasnt thrilled with this , seems such a mix of styles and it sure lacks direction..

for those hoping that the Dior logo went away, wwd of yesterday had a Dior logo-ed two piece victorian mood cover, unfortunately the cover is not there anymore so i can't post :(

It looks pretty, but it did not excite me.

Usually I look upon cruise collections as primers for what's to come in Spring, so this could just be a "warm-up" for Galliano.

j´adore dior said:
sorry for being so off topic :blush:, but dior haute couture drives me crazy and is great to try to found out the inspirations for the shows.

Oh, but I was only guessing j'adore... of course we don't know for sure what it will be. But it usually has something to do with his trips abroad, so that's why I guessed it might perhaps be that.

Plus, gothic? :ninja:

Mr-Dale said:
Oh, but I was only guessing j'adore... of course we don't know for sure what it will be. But it usually has something to do with his trips abroad, so that's why I guessed it might perhaps be that.

All his collections are inspired by trips, but his Dior F/W 05 was inspired by the movie the Aviator aswell as the HC, which was inspired by a quote from someone about Andy Warhol and Napoleon (which inspired Galliano F/W menswear). It's all one big net of insanity.

I remember my favorite RTW was S/S 04 which was inspired by an exhibit on Marlene Dietrich, there's an exhibit about Chanel going on right now. Id love to see Galliano at Dior with a Chanel inspiration, that would be interesting. There is also an exhibit on Dior himself which wouldn't be as exciting because he already did his Dior inspiration.

Mr-Dale said:

yes, usually it does, the only thing is that he always goes the other way round, i mean, he first uses the inspirations from a trip for the couture and then they become cruise collections and so on, but well... i only hope it will have a lot of fantasy in it, lots of embroideries and sparks, i wan´t it to make me dream and have a fashion orgasm :rolleyes:, that haven`t happened since last fall`s couture, not that i´ve disliked all of the other collections, but they haven´t satisfied me enough, in fact, í still watch the ss 04 and fall 04 shows, instead of the new ones...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jk1988
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->