Who Will Succeed John Galliano At Dior? #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
if they want the latter, they can call off the search cause that's exactly what Gaytten did for the last RTW collection - nice, non-descript clothing that could've fallen under any brand.

Wang? Really? Totally wrong for Dior. Wu would be good if they search the successor of Gaytten.
I personally wouldn't mind a British designer like Richard Nicoll, Jasper Conran or even Jonathan Saunders. I doubt that they would refuse the job because they were in the 5th hat. Altough Nicoll and Saunders are in their thirties, I can't imagine a younger designer at Dior. Since the brand is for mature women, it needs a mentally mature designer as well. The other reason is the couture department. It's identified with craftmanship which is based on experience, i mean in ages. I doubt that a younger designer does have the knowledge of any real haute couture and can have the respect from the team.
Anyway the best choice still seems to be Theyskens. The only thing against him is the lack of skirt. But it's not a big thing i guess.

This whole thing has gone from interesting to sad... :(

The best thing for Dior is: John Galliano ***Edited*** Dior can't loose Galliano I hope he come back! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
***Edited***
I'd root for Lacroix at Dior. He deserves it.

***Edited***
But I agree with you Lacroix deserve it

The best thing for Dior is: John Galliano**Edited**
Dior can't loose Galliano I hope he come back!

Which would mean going back to the uninspired parades of washed out New Look rehashing due to constantly being under your CEO's pressure. Do we really want this? Looking at Dior collections since 2008, I don't.

Lacroix as Dior designer?
That's music for my ears, the best thing I have heard today...

i'll probably sound crazy now, but if they're looking for someone 'less prestigious' (eg: someone to pay less) why not antonio berardi? he's been galliano's assistant and his latest collection was heavenly. at least makes more sense than alexander wang. wtf.

Antonio Berardi? That's crazy.. but I still love his work but I prefer Jason Wu

The best thing for Dior is: John Galliano **Edited**
Dior can't loose Galliano I hope he come back! :D

***Edited***
Galliano hasn't made any inspiring collections for quite some time now. Actually, looking back at the archives, I think he is often overrated. Too many instances of ugly clothing interspersed with some flashes of brilliance.

They really need to get away from the drag-queen aesthetic and the overabundance of historical reference. They need someone to restart things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->