Who Will Succeed John Galliano At Dior? #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ I agree, it's just dragging on and on. While it's obviously an important decision, clearly Gaytten is not up for the job and they need to find someone quickly. This is turning into a farce. Still, there was supposed to be an announcement a "few weeks" after PFW wasn't there?

The talk of Olivier Theyskens again... this would be my dream for Dior, but I think it is just a dream :cry:

In style.com
at the end of his cover article for today
(Cue de Aplausse)
there is a clue.

^ Came here to see if it was mentioned. Seems the editors there are convinced Marc is it. I just wish there'd be an official announcement already, lol.

I was also thinking about Theyskens because he does (did) demi-couture too. But i don't know what's up with his contract with Theory.

Last edited by a moderator:
In the months following Galliano's dismissal, Dior's been playing up their public image so much (the exhibit in Russia, Charlize's new Dior ad, opening up their atelier for a public seminar/exhibition, revamping their online identity, etc).......good direction for Dior now, but somewhat frantic...hmm...

Of course.
They want us makes us believe that a designer is not important in a house
and the petite mains and Gaytten can create any solid couture fantasie.

But we know that a designer is the head of a house,
and they know it very well, too.
They know that without Galliano, all Dior stuff is common.

So they tried to fill all gaps refreshing its image
with the ridiculous fact that they want to hide / erase to the creator:
Dior web there´s not trace of John Galliano
and they cutted the Galliano finale in all videos.

So ridiculous!

And in the Russia exhibit,
the man who imagined the most exquisite pieces there was not mentioned.

Dior thinks we are stupid?
or buyers doesnt care these details.

Because all these things just has made from Dior
an store
that doesnt sells delicacies anymore,
just clothes.

In the months following Galliano's dismissal, Dior's been playing up their public image so much (the exhibit in Russia, Charlize's new Dior ad, opening up their atelier for a public seminar/exhibition, revamping their online identity, etc).......good direction for Dior now, but somewhat frantic...hmm...

Last edited by a moderator:
Who I'd officially be dying over if they were announced as CD of CD:
Tom Ford
Olivier Theyskens

And what about if someone else gets the job? Awkward! Carine said, “It’s hard because there have been so many names floating around now that they might know that they weren’t the first choice.”
:rolleyes: The only designer that we can say was offered the job for sure is Azzedine Alaia. And I would venture to guess that Alaia was approached by Dior on the recommendation of Bernard Arnault's daughter (who's known for being an Alaia afficionado). And since Alaia turned down the offer, the only other designer who stands the best chance of being named the new Dior CD is Marc Jacobs (and that's based solely on all the "Dior negotations buzz" surrounding him).

So, the very idea that there ever was "a list" of possible contenders for the job is rather nonsensical, and it seems like a publicity stunt concocted by Dior.

>At the end of last month, Sidney Toledano, president and CEO of Dior, said he expected to have news on Dior's new designer "in the next few weeks." Not a day later came reports that talks between Dior and the frontrunner for the position, Marc Jacobs, had been tough and at a standstill.

Now, however, WWD reports: "Negotiations with Marc Jacobs ... to become Dior’s next couturier have been progressing, sources said this week. It is understood ... Phoebe Philo remains the preferred candidate to succeed Jacobs at Vuitton, should the American designer conclude a deal with Dior."

Dior, which has now been without a creative director since March, reported that its revenues were up 17.6 percent in the third quarter — suggesting that the brand is more potent than the famous designer behind it.

fashionista

Damn it every time I see a new article posted I think 'Finally the official announcement' and I'm always disappointed. Anyway, Jacobs seems to be a done deal and I hope he debuts with the Spring 2012 HC collection

...suggesting that the brand is more potent than the famous designer behind it.

It's called, people who buy Dior keyrings and Dior perfume don't necessarily give a damn who the creative director is.

It's called, people who buy Dior keyrings and Dior perfume don't necessarily give a damn who the creative director is.

Exactly...all this means is that Dior was in the news 50 times more than usual which resulted in some increase in the sales to those people who only buy perfumes or bags from the biggest brand, no matter what it smells, feels or looks like.

actually, all the reports say "revenues" are up not "sales." now, while some of that may find itself sales, one suspects it might also have to do with a lowered payroll.

a lowered payroll, two less outlandish fashion shows, cuts in direct costs and what have you.
All companies under the LVMH umbrella (Dior isnt exactly under it, but you see what i mean) are making huge efforts to cut costs, so that any improvement of sales (new markets are still growing regardless of creative direction) makes a bigger difference on the bottom line.

^ plus termination of one high profile creative director.

Now let's see Dior publish these same "increased revenues" numbers when they hire a certain new creative director who is demanding 10 million dollars...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->