Christian Dior F/W 2020.21 : Maty, Selena, Estelle, Maryel & Felice by Paola Mattioli

Bland clothes & bland campaign.

Also shirts with statements / words on them seem to be a thing with her & its not really that appealing to be honest.

although...I do have Sasha P from Spring 2018 campaign in one of those shirts as my computer background, just because I like Sasha & her art lol

It's funny that in her time at Valentino the campaigns were good, but after she went to Dior and PP was alone at Valentino, none produced a decent campaign!

It's funny that in her time at Valentino the campaigns were good, but after she went to Dior and PP was alone at Valentino, none produced a decent campaign!

still wholeheartedly convinced they were better as a duo than apart Tbh.

this campaign proves that.

UK Harper's Bazaar Digital Edition

The Sunday Times Style Magazine Digital Edition

I once read that that Mica had a Juan Luis Borges book with her when she did a Miu Miu casting. It also happened to be one of Miuccia's favourite books so the two connected over that and afterwards got those Prada/Miu Miu jobs.
What a silly reason to employ someone, and people criticize the Hadids haha. She's Argentinian, if you come up with that or freakin' Rayuela and you're over 16 (as I assume she was) it's like.. would you be so impressed to see a grown British woman carrying Hamlet or Jane Austen to the point you'd hire them on the spot? no, bit late to the classics or you're not really reading, just eavesdropping. :lol:

Always knew she was just a haircut. Also, it's Jorge, not Juan LOL.

This is beyond mediocre but I guess we all know that. Not even Marc by Marc Jacobs in its heyday. And yeah, I think that Selena girl is questionable but gotta recognise she's more tolerable here.. that i-D quarantine cover was rock bottom not just for her but for her entire industry, so one can call her a remarkable contributor I guess. :lol:

What a silly reason to employ someone, and people criticize the Hadids haha. She's Argentinian, if you come up with that or freakin' Rayuela and you're over 16 (as I assume she was) it's like.. would you be so impressed to see a grown British woman carrying Hamlet or Jane Austen to the point you'd hire them on the spot? no, bit late to the classics or you're not really reading, just eavesdropping. :lol:

Always knew she was just a haircut. Also, it's Jorge, not Juan LOL.

This is beyond mediocre but I guess we all know that. Not even Marc by Marc Jacobs in its heyday. And yeah, I think that Selena girl is questionable but gotta recognise she's more tolerable here.. that i-D quarantine cover was rock bottom not just for her but for her entire industry, so one can call her a remarkable contributor I guess. :lol:

Yeah ok, Jorge! LOL.
Why would you use the most generic English authors as examples, are you just being shady again? I don't think people respect Jane Austen readers after the endless amount of movies and tv series, I certainly don't. Too schmaltzy. And it would have been 'edgy' to boast about reading Shakespeare like 20 years ago.

Also, now that I think of it. When Sasha Pivovarova appeared on her first US Vogue cover, that group one (I think 05?), I recall the magazine had a short blurb next to her shot in the edit that she was busy reading Tolstoy. Pretty sure it was War and Peace, but maybe Anna Karenina. I thought it odd at the time. Why not Dostoyevsky? And why would Vogue think that would be interesting to print?
Another example of my selective memory. I can't recall all the models who appeared on that cover, but I seem to recall this bit of senseless information.

Last edited:
Why would you use the most generic English authors as examples
Cause that's exactly what I mean! Borges is the Shakespeare of Argentinian literature. Not questioning the quality, just a bit lol about the connection 'oh WHAT, you read Borges too?! that IS special, be in our show' :lol:..

And why would Vogue think that would be interesting to print?
Fashion loves a cliché, especially American Vogue. It's just so deliciously Russian, reading Tolstoy all day long wearing your ushanka.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misterdior
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->