Christian Dior Haute Couture S/S 2010 Paris

As expected. Some looks are just beautiful, nonetheless. That first dress on #66 is amazing. :smile:

Ok, so I see a little FWHC 04 too, just less bedazzler .

Well, I was actually specting something like this, I mean, come on, there´s this crisis going on thats forcing them to show on their boutique, Lacroix broque cause his dresses were pretty but impractical (among tons of other reasons, I know) and The folks at LVMH are obsessed with respecting a founder´s legacy who actually lasted less than Galliano´s own stay at the house.

Ugh.... this is pointless! While I do like the equestrian theme this is just bad! SS08 HC was his last good showing!

I'm going to tell that I hate this collection, bt I wanna see more. Now everythinkg looks very messy, colours not soo good too.

someone said crisis???:shock:...haute couture clients are not in crisis...it simply is poor and awful...Galliano has run out ideas:ninja:

Never really took the time to read her blog, met her through Mademoiselle Agness´s documentary, does she really deserves to be there?

someone said crisis???:shock:...haute couture clients are not in crisis...it simply is poor and awful...Galliano has run out ideas:ninja:

Maybe those 200 women around the world arent, but couture is about an image nowadays more so than generating profits and its clear Dior has been aiming to the ladies rather than pocahontas or nefertiti.

Im sure if they´ll let him run wild he´d still be able to amaze us.

Not really, but if she does then half of our members do too..

Not sure why anybody had their hopes up for this. John's works are $h*t these days.

Tavi?:lol: Oh, lord.

It probably says something about me that no matter how many shitty collections Dior has shown these last few years there's still a part of me that thinks "this season could be different". Don't get me wrong, I love Charles James, but unless you can take inspiration from him and actually modernize it (like John did with Vionnet's bias cutting) there's no point in rehashing another dead couturier's archives. It's bad enough that he's doing it with Dior's heritage. Do we have to see him tackle every other major couturier from the golden age as well?

As for the equestrian stuff, it's not a new thing for John. It's just that every other time he's touched upon it it's been, you know...good.

Last edited by a moderator:
IDK I think I need to see the entire collection, hear the music, see more of the set, etc. to make up my mind, because right now my head is all "Charles James(whom I love), Equestrians, Whips, Fetish heels?" However a few of those dresses look like they just ripped off Charles James. IDK, I guess we will all find out.

So, the clothes are average, the hair is average as well as the makeup, the set looks thrown together ... I'm now afraid of the music choice .

^ It can't make the show any worse, Sal.

And yes Tian, I do. I guess it had to happen eventually. :D

The collection bores me, to be honest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->