Christian Dior 'Lady Dior' Handbags 2008-2014 : Marion Cotillard

Love this new campaign. The atmosphere is amazing. There's this little film noir feeling mixed with an Art Deco mood. Of course Marion looks stunning.

A nice departure from the location themed adverts. I'm head over heels for the shots with the lilac bag. The shots are very flattering, I just love how natural the images are and Marion looks so fantastic. Each one of the handbags look desirable which I guess is main goal achieved. Thanks for the HQ's, Flashbang.

I'm so happy Marion is still on board. I think she's the perfect face for Dior :blush:

So true- she is just one of the most all around attractive actresses- sweet, cute, sexy, funny- beauty and charm galore!!^_^

LADY DIOR by Tim Walker.

memo-lady-dior.jpg

Marion Cotillard is as central to the Dior DNA as Lady Dior bags and Raf Simons. This Dior darling is a senior face for the house, was the first girl to wear Raf and has a wardrobe overflowing with Dior. Marion even has her very own Dior mannequin so that designers can make her gowns fit perfectly. Sigh.

Her latest Lady Dior campaign just landed, and it has made our mornings a little bit brighter. The image, shot by Tim Walker, is breathtaking, as Marion poses in front of a white wall dripping in blue paint. Marion wears a cobalt blue shift from the Resort 2014 collection with a matching paintbox Lady Dior bag, with her hair slicked back with bright red lips. With all that colour Marion looks like a modernist work of art - even chicer than the canvases.

The art theme is rather fitting, as the Lady Dior is a timeless masterpiece which requires 8 hours of craftsmanship and is made up of 100 separate components. The bag which was often seen on Princess Diana's elbow, features the classic cannage pattern which was inspired by the Napoleon III couture chairs from the first Christian Dior show in 1947.

Marion was the first to wear Raf's first ever Resort collection for the house, as she wore a colour blocking 60s frock, which is thought to have been inspired by 60’s painter Mondrian and Yves Saint Laurent’s Mondrian fashions of a bygone era, to the Cannes Film Festival.

Marion has been in Dior ad campaigns for five years - we’ve seen Cotillard as a mysterious showgirl with Sir Ian McKellen in an eight minute short film, and then she channelled Hollywood glamour a lá Elizabeth Taylor in 2011 for the hoyse’s campaign. This isn't the first time she has posed with a Lady Dior bag, as she has been starring in campaigns with the bright boxy quilts since 2008.

Grazia.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Marion (and this campaign) works so well for Dior, and especially Raf's Dior, because she brings the ROMANCE that Simons' work for the house is desperately lacking.

Gorgeous shot!

So different from all the previous Lady Dior campaigns with Marion. This must be the best accessories campaign they have done ever since Raf took over.

She looks gorgeous in these. Certainly my favorite series she's done so far.

Too bad her personality doesn't match her looks -_-

Marion is Dior's best face ever!(amongst the non models of course). Those handbag ads, then and now, are so breathtaking!

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
westernsoc
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->