Christian Dior Miss Dior Handbags F/W 12.13 : Mila Kunis by Mario Sorrenti

visualoptimism

Reaction score

L.A. WOMAN: Returning for a second Dior campaign in support of the Miss Dior handbag, actress Mila Kunis slipped into the skin of a Fifties Hollywood star — a bouffant hairstyle accentuating the glamorous, retro mood.

The black-and-white spots, photographed in Los Angeles by Mario Sorrenti with styling by Carine Roitfeld, depict Kunis as the kind of woman accustomed to attention from throngs of paparazzi, and to smoldering in front of the camera. The young actress, who won wide acclaim for her turn in 2010’s “Black Swan,” is currently on screens in the Seth MacFarlane comedy “Ted.”

The worldwide campaign for Dior is to make its debut in the August issue of Elle Hong Kong on July 21, followed by a range of September issues, including Bazaar and Tatler in the U.K., Vanity Fair in the U.S. and Vogue Paris in France. Dior also plans to unveil the images, along with behind-the-scenes imagery and mini film, on its Miss Dior Web site as of Wednesday.

wwd

I don't like this concept. Mila is so not 50's glamour and why is she waving for a taxi 15 stories up on a balcony?

The paparazzi thing is annoying. I'll never going to understand the relation Dior/Kunis, why her?

The paparazzi thing is annoying. I'll never going to understand the relation Dior/Kunis, why her?

I can't remember where I read this, but I read somewhere that Mila was chosen to appeal to the more young demographic whereas Natalie Portman was chosen to appeal to a more classic/chic customer and image of the brand. Marion represents the more mature/elegant side of Dior, etc.

In all fairness they have got it spot on with choosing Mila as a spokesperson for the brand, so many girls (and guys) I know adore her and think she's pretty (or hot), so it's instantly grabbing their attention with her being cast for this campaign and like LagerfeldBoy pointed out, they've cast a range of women to appeal to all age brackets, and lets not forget they have Sharon Stone (who appeals to the mature customer) and Charlize (who appeals to, again, the classic customer).

I like the first shot posted over the second one and I'm pleasantly surprised they've used Sorrenti and not Meisel, thank god.

It's not bad, but why is she waving for a cab on top of a building?

And I agree, Mila is a nice choice, she's hot right now.

It's not bad, but why is she waving for a cab on top of a building?

And I agree, Mila is a nice choice, she's hot right now.

I agree with you! What a corny ad and also, why would the paparazzi be photographing her on a balcony?

I think she is perfect for this, and Mila seems to suit he 50s look just fine. I think they chose her soley for her eyes because they draw me right in.

This is a damn sight better than last seasons which were rather bland and at least they create an atmosphere.
I really like Mila for this brand and the first pic is definitely the best, owing to the fact that the second pic really looks nothing like her.

I don´t like it. If they´re aiming for a younger demographic why styled her to look like 40? Marion looks younger and fresher in her ads...

Photoshop in the second pic is awful...

i cant remember the last time i liked dior's campaigns other than dior cherie with marnya. boring. predictable. tasteless

I agree with you! What a corny ad and also, why would the paparazzi be photographing her on a balcony?

I don't like this concept. Mila is so not 50's glamour and why is she waving for a taxi 15 stories up on a balcony?

Exactly. I understand why they would choose Mila to appeal to a younger demographic, but the overall concept doesn't make any sense.

I really like Mila for Dior. Shes got the naturaly and effortly sweet/sexy look that is very much natalie portman, which is probably why they choose mila.

Like this shoot, THOUGH I like milas dior handbag ads much better. :wink:

534621_10150204581669949_664441_o.jpg

395979_10150204583394949_327603164_o.jpg

483230_10150204581914949_850053315_o.jpg

Facebook/Bagaholicboy

Brings me to Claudia Schiffer's Salvatore Ferragamo ads a while back. Needless to say these don't work and the idea falls flat. The biggest problem is that she is not interacting enough with the Paparazzi and what's going on around her to make this feel believable. Her expressions are vague and often feel deadpan and her body language often doesn't match her face.

Yessss igree Mchnu rmember to Ferragamo by Testino too

The paparazzi thing is overdone. The second set of pictures are slightly better than the first two that were posted on page one. Mila's face is beautiful but she's not a model.

She's not really selling it, she her face is always looking at the camera, it's just not her zone. I don't see Mila as a Dior girl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crinklechiffon
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->