HTLpc.jpg
JPV0G.jpg
LlZkA.jpg
mlg7l.jpg
7eIDA.jpg
WU9zv.jpg
TIgs0.jpg
wwd.com

Wartime for Dior, I love it. The last dress is kinda tacky, quite a let down.
The first four looks are gorgeous, those beige shoes are nice. Thanks Flashbang!

Last edited by a moderator:
Not bad. Not bad at all. I dig the WW theme and the bags look like they could sell well.

Reminds me of Prada a bit.

Essentially it's just another collection of Dior professional suits but they look fantastic none the less.

The first four looks are definitely gorgeous...hopefully this'll translate real well and be better for the Fall 2010 collection...the colors for the first four are fantastic.

while i'd need to see more before judging this collection, i don't think they want folks looking into the wartime history of the house of dior nor monsieur dior himself. he didn't exactly hold sympathies for the side of the allies....

i really like it, abit of a different look for John and I'm really impressed (its better than his Couture show, by a long shot) i like the war helmet's in the first few looks

^ much agreed.

Love it. Way stronger than their overall couture collection (though you can see some of the influence in this collection).
Post-war, slightly militant yet girlish, great balance.

I love the theme! The shoes/accessories are really cute too. However the last two dresses look a bit awkward to me.

the only look i'm not feeling is the 4th one. i love the last, sequined bias cut dress... altho, is it ombre or is it just the shine from the sequins?

Anyways, this is very interesting and it feels different than what he's been doing lately . It actually feels like Dior to me . I'm slightly interested .

Last edited by a moderator:
The gowns are spectacular but the rest of the collection isn't.

Although I want to see more before giving my full judgment. I am liking what I am seeing so far, I dont like the brwon leggings in the second look and the silver bias cut dress but every thing else is quite nice. I love the fur and feather details. Good work John cant wait until march to see the full collection

After the HC letdown, this is a welcome surprise! I didn't set my hopes up when I opened the thread but boy was I surprised. I like the vintage look, the 40s feel and even the long dress! I've always been a fan of the classics and Galliano's reincarnation and interpretation of the pieces, the visual aesthetic, pleased me. Two thumbs up! :clap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->