Christian Dior S/S 2017 Paris

I must say that after letting it sink in and studying the details more I've done a complete 180. Not only is it impeccably made it's also wearable and desirable. It is Valentino-esque but we can't forget that this is only her first show. Remember how Jil Raf's first collection was? I love the exaggerated logo on the bags. They look fresh. That feminist T-shirt is god awful, but it can be forgiven. The finale dresses are exquisite. So much craft went into those. The logo on all the straps and waists seems like a reimagining of logo underwear but done for women. All and all It was a stellar debut. It wasn't a wow moment, rather it was a good introduction. "This is me, and this is what I'm about". Just give it time. This is her only job so I expect great things. There's no excuse for there not to be.

We can't really say that when Raf started at Jil Sander, the brand itself was really relevant or exciting...And, we cannot also say that people had great expectations or interest about Raf. He was known by those who followed menswear but outside of that....

On the other hand at Dior, people remembers Gianfranco Ferre's first collection, John Galliano's collection, Bill Gaytten and even Raf Simons's one.
With all the respect i have for Jil Sander and her brand, you can't compare that to Dior.

We can't really say that when Raf started at Jil Sander, the brand itself was really relevant or exciting...And, we cannot also say that people had great expectations or interest about Raf. He was known by those who followed menswear but outside of that....

On the other hand at Dior, people remembers Gianfranco Ferre's first collection, John Galliano's collection, Bill Gaytten and even Raf Simons's one.
With all the respect i have for Jil Sander and her brand, you can't compare that to Dior.

What I'm trying to say is that their previous aesthetic does indeed carry over, at least for the first season. That would explain the similarities between his last Jil collection and his first for Dior. The same goes for Maria. Maria still has Valentino in her and Raf still had that mindset he started at Jil. It wasn't until his second season that he really started to tune his aesthetic to Dior. I'm simply trying to defend Maria because I like her collection a lot and it shouldnt be surprising that we're still seeing a little bit of Valentino coming though. I wasn't comparing Jil Sander to Dior, that would be ridiculous.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cg1
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->