Christian Lacroix Haute Couture F/W 2005.06 Paris

helena said:
what do you call people who work in couture who aren't the designers?
Are they what you call the actual couturiers? :unsure: I haven't a clue.

helena said:
like softgrey, his work doesn't appeal really although I can see the skill & talent ......the skill of the people sewing all that beading is amazing. what do you call people who work in couture who aren't the designers?
You mean the people working in the atelier with the designer, right? I know there's a French word for them, but I can't remember it for the life of me :doh:

they are called the 'petites main' means tiny hands in french.

Last edited by a moderator:
Christian is losing his touch. The pallette was nice but... rusty swags? Tiered chiffon hems? A bit too Cache for me. He's getting old...

Paruriers Steven and William Ladd, however, did an excellent job.

Wow. Just WOW! :woot:

I think Haute Couture is at an all-time strongest this season, with Gaultier and Lacroix leading the way. Just looking at both collections and their details up-close I feel privileged getting to see magical works of art. That may be the reason why I feel grateful getting to see these collections and feel HC at an all-time strongest: they're magic, pure magic.

00340m.jpg

00490m.jpg

00600m.jpg

00790m.jpg

after attending the show, christina aguilera has chosen lacroix to design her wedding gown...should be interesting...

Wow, I'm loving most of this. The detail is just dazzling. Good work in my opinion.

kimair said:
after attending the show, christina aguilera has chosen lacroix to design her wedding gown...should be interesting...

Sounds like a perfect match: a tacky wedding dress on an equally tacky bride. Can't wait!

i love lily cole when she does couture, especially lacroix and gaultier. she is so perfect for it. ok, she's young but she looks so arresting yet doesnt detract too much from the outfit. marvellous!

I simply love this collection! Whoa.. There was some really beautiful dresses, that I liked.

Models: Lily Cole (o), Asia Pulco, Morgane Dubled, Romina Lanaro, Alexandra Agoston, Emina Cunmulaj, Kamila Szczawinska, Lisa Cant, Hana Soukupova, Rianne Ten Haken, Tiiu Kuik, Viktoria Sekrier, Nicole Trunfio, Eugenia Volodina, Michelle Alves, Martina Pavlowska, Dewi Driegen, Mateja Penava (c)

vogue.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ozilya
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->