Chrsitian Dior Haute Couture F/W 2003.04 Paris

Lena

etre soi-meme
Reaction score
so, here it is, flamengo time in Galliano land

(btw, mcQueen did this soooo better three seasons ago)

more :rolleyes:

jack nicolson was @ Dior with his daughter (here with laura flynn boyle)

:o i cant wait to see th whole show :o
thanks for the pic lena....hmmm i wonder how many seasons he will use flamenco? :P i like it :blush:

:heart: it, but iam not ecstatic for it, i will have to see more photos.

better than his last one, his art is going to be werable soon B)

But of course :heart: galliano

im not impressed by the collection....

and what the HECK is laura flynn boyle doing there :shock:

Thanks so much Lena! I had been day dreaming about the collection here at work all day. The first few pictures you showed I can definatly see being worked down into the rest of the line. Much more wearable than his last HC show (Which as a fan of Anime I actually enjoyed...). I'm also insanely biased towards the fishnets so I'm happy to see those worked in too.

I also can't wait to see this show or the rest of them....

--Dommy!

Originally posted by Acid@Jul 7th, 2003 - 11:53 pm

and what the HECK is laura flynn boyle doing there :shock:
just an old picture of her with JN acid :blink:

u r welcome Dommy & Lolita :flower:

sorry Lena :lol: i thought SHE was at the show!

tut tut....what a disaster that would have been......especially after her golden globes tutu incident :innocent:

and a last one from me (love the black background flamengo fabric :shock: )

ehhh not a fan. i think i'm just not a galliano girl. I don't see anything new here and he seems to just be reincarnating the same thing every season and yes, don't fix what isn't broken, but to me, dior hc was broken a long time ago. I love haute couture but there were very few pieces i enjoyed...i want something new from galliano. i want him to stretch himself. instead i just see the same over the top, fabricated productions of yore.

Originally posted by mehg@Jul 8th, 2003 - 1:11 am
ehhh not a fan. i think i'm just not a galliano girl. I don't see anything new here and he seems to just be reincarnating the same thing every season and yes, don't fix what isn't broken, but to me, dior hc was broken a long time ago. I love haute couture but there were very few pieces i enjoyed...i want something new from galliano. i want him to stretch himself. instead i just see the same over the top, fabricated productions of yore.
:lol: ditto mehg :wink: :flower:

Yeah, after seeing these last few pictures, I have to say I'm a bit dispointed. The fabrics are great (And should be given claps for that) but a lot of is the same (Ruffly skirts over and over...). I'm all for BIG over the top Couture (this is the true art side afterall) So although I can appreciate the work on that big gray puff ball skirt, the top looks pretty plain and kind of out of place.

--Dommy!

Im a little disapouinted, his last Haute Couture was sooooo good, and this is not very inovative

one thing i do like about it are the colours. the last set of pics lena posted w/ maria carla{???}-very eye popping

I have to admit the collection looked like a lot of his past HC collections but I liked it! It looked so strong in pushing what Galliano does, which is pushing the boundaries of civilized dressing. I loved the techno colors, and the flamenco style skirts (so grand and elaborate).

Mcqueen's version of the, flamenco 4 seasons ago, was very different from Galliano's and, in my opinion, cannot be compared. Mcqueen's interpretation was to make it wearable and put it in colors (grey and orange) and his style (fierce cutting and tailoring) but Galliano also did it in his own way which is put it in techno colors and grand elaborateness and fun which Mcqueen doesn't do.

oh.. McQueens Flamengo collection was not grey and orange, i was there for the show - it was a real fantastically inspired take on the spanish theme igni and it was not even HC... and yes, true, its not to be compared with the galliano-dior efford (which in m.h.o. is in a bit all over the place mode as usual :rolleyes: )

Originally posted by Lena@Jul 8th, 2003 - 3:18 am
oh.. McQueens Flamengo collection was not grey and orange, i was there for the show - it was a real fantastically inspired take on the spanish theme.
I'm so jealous that you were there. :blush:

Just my little opinion, but I thought McQueen's take was more authentic. Less contrived I guess. If that makes sense at all.

I'll agree Mcqueen's was more . . . spanish but that's what Mcqueen is but Galliano takes and mixes different stuff into one collection like there were menswear in that collection along with the flamenco and techno so it wasn't really flamenco only a majority. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wwandre
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->